As described in the next paragraph, the data on this page is NOT quality checked and small errors will accumulate in the Aggregates. The aggregates shown here are NOT the official values, and you should use the following pages for the correct summary totals:
Description of the Elements in the above table:
This data is mostly automatically extracted from the Kent Town automatic weather station and has not been quality checked. It does not form part of the Bureau's official weather records, being a record maintained solely by the SA Regional Office. Time is measured in CST (or CDST during daylight savings). No attempt is made to cope with the lost or extra hour during the daylight savings transition.
Hourly Weather Elements
- Central Australian Time or Central Australian Daylight Savings Time.
- Direction in degrees from true north from which the wind is blowing and speed in km/h.
- Temperature in degrees Celsius (C).
- Difference between temperature and average temperature, for the hour on this day of the year, in whole degrees Celsius (C). A positive difference indicates above average temperature.
- Dew-point temperature in degrees Celsius (C).
- Relative Humidity expressed as a percentage of saturation (%).
- Mean Sea Level Pressure in hectopascals (hPa)
- Pressure tendency (Falling, Steady, Rising). This is uncorrected for diurnal variations.
- Cumulative rainfall in millimeters (mm), reset at 9am each day.
Daily Weather Elements
- Max Temp 00-24: Midnight to midnight maximum temperature (C).
- Min Temp 18-09: 6 PM to 9 AM minimum temperature (C).
- Terrestrial Min: 6 PM to 9 AM minimum temperature of a thermometer placed on the ground.
- Max Wind Gust: Maximum wind gust since midnight in the same units as wind above.
- Max Temp 00-24: Yesterday's midnight to midnight maximum temperature (C).
- Min Temp 18-09: Yesterday's 6 PM to 9 AM minimum temperature (C).
- Synop Data
- Max Temp to 09: The 24 hour maximum temperature to 9 AM. Generally more representative of yesterday.
- Min Temp to 09: The 24 hour minimum temperature to 9 AM.
- Rainfall to 09: The 24 hour rainfall total to 9 AM.
- Evapor'n to 09: The 24 hour evaporation of water from a Class A pan.
- Sunshine to 00: The total number of hours of sunshine for the previous day measured using a Campbell-Stokes Sunshine Recorder.
- [Month] Aggregates
- Max: The highest daily maximum temperature measured this month with the day of the month included in brackets. The average monthly maximum is included as a reference.
- Min: The lowest daily minimum temperature measured this month with the day of the month included in brackets. The average monthly minimum is included as a reference.
- Month to [month] [today] Total: The total rainfall to date for this month.
- Month to [month] [last day] Avg: The average rainfall for the whole month.
- Year to [month] [today] Total: The total rainfall to date for this year.
- Year to [month] [last day] Avg: The average rainfall from the beginning of the year to the end of this month.
- Annual Average: The average rainfall for the whole year.