This policy is designed to help you use our trademarks and brand without having to negotiate a separate agreement with us or talking to our lawyers.
Using the Bureau brand and trademarks
The Bureau of Meteorology trademarks and brand include, but are not limited to, the Bureau's logos and any word, phrase, image or other designation that identifies the source or origin of any of the Bureau of Meteorology products, including "BoM", "Meteye", "Weather Bureau", "Farm Weather", and "Rain Radar".
- Attribute using the images below when using Bureau data on a website or mobile application.
- Give your website, mobile application or product a unique name that does not replicate or evoke any of the Bureau's trademarks or proprietary designations.
- Use our brands ("BOM", "Bureau", "Farm Weather", "Bureau of Meteorology", "Weather Radar" "MetEye", "Storm Confirmation Service", "WOW", "Weather Observations Website" or "Weather Bureau") in the name of your website, mobile application or product.
- Register a domain that replicates or relates to any part of the Bureau's name or brand, or any alternative spelling, transliteration or variation thereof.
- Use our logo as a means of attribution, including the use of the coat of arms or the use of the impeller (TM: 419317).
- Use our brand in any way that suggests sponsorship or endorsement by the Bureau of Meteorology.
- Apply for a trademark with a name that includes any of our marks or brand, or any alternative spelling, transliteration or variation thereof.
- Use textual references to the Bureau that are hyperlinked to anywhere other than the Bureau of Meteorology website (www.bom.gov.au).
The Bureau provides third-party developers with an attribution image that indicates that the data provided on their website or in their mobile application is sourced from the Bureau of Meteorology.
Mobile about page
Mobile load screen
Attribution image guidelines
- Use our official, unmodified attribution image to represent our brand.
- Allow for at least 150% buffer space around the attribution image.
- Link the attribution image to http://www.bom.gov.au/data-access/3rd-party-attribution.shtml.
- Change the colour of the attribution image, or modify or alter the image in any way.
- Incorporate any text beside or close to the image that suggests it is connected to the attribution image.
- Use any other trademarks or logos to represent our brand.
- Use other artwork from the Bureau's website.
- Create your own attribution image.
- Add the same or similar text to your site or app outside of the image.
- Attribute material to the Bureau of Meteorology in any way other than through the attribution logo.
- Use the logo in an unclear or ambiguous manner - including suggesting sponsorship or endorsement by the Bureau of Meteorology.
- Design your website with a unique brand and logos.
- Copy the Bureau of Meteorology's branding, look and style in any way that might confuse the public.