Five vital checks
There are five things to take note of when planning your boating trip:
- Are warnings current for your boating area?
- Are there weather conditions affecting safe navigation and comfort?
- What are the wind trends?
- What are the wave conditions?
- When is the next high and low tide?
How to check warnings and weather conditions
The Bureau provides a round-the-clock forecast and wind warning service for all Australian coastal waters.
The national Marine and Ocean page contains all forecast and warning information for your state.
- Computer model wave maps
- Tide Predictions
- Stay tuned to weather updates on the water via our VHF and HF radio.
- Learn about our wind and wave forecasts.