Five vital checks
There are five things to take note of when planning your boating trip:
- Are warnings current for your boating area?
- Are there weather conditions affecting safe navigation and comfort?
- What are the wind trends?
- What are the wave conditions?
- When is the next high and low tide?
How to check warnings and weather conditions
The Bureau provides a round-the-clock forecast and wind warning service for all Australian coastal waters.
The national Marine and Ocean page contains all forecast and warning information for your state.
Marine Forecast Explorer™
For the first time the Bureau is able to provide 3-hourly graphical forecast maps prepared by forecasters of wind, waves and weather for all coastal waters locations.
Further information about the graphical forecast maps is available in our Marine Forecast Explorer article.
- Computer model wave maps
- Tide Predictions
- Stay tuned to weather updates on the water via our VHF and HF radio.
- Learn about our wind and wave forecasts.