Forecast issued at 10:00 pm EDT on Tuesday 17 January 2017.
A high pressure system over the Tasman Sea is directing northeasterly winds along the New South Wales coast, with winds tending towards northwesterly about the southern coast. A cold front is expected to move along the coast on Wednesday, reaching the far north coast at night. Another high will build in the Tasman in the wake of the front with winds tending back to the northeast ahead of another southerly change in the south later Friday.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
- Northeast to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots offshore north of Moruya Heads.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore north of Moruya Heads.
- Southerly below 1 metre.
- Mostly clear. 40% chance of showers inshore, near zero chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Wednesday 18 January
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Batemans Coast
- Northeast to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending southerly 20 to 30 knots before dawn.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- 1st Swell
- Southerly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday.
- 2nd Swell
- Northeasterly around 1 metre.
- Becoming cloudy.
Thursday 19 January
- South to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming east to southeasterly about 10 knots early in the morning then tending east to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots in the middle of the day.
- 2 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Southerly 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Friday 20 January
- North to northeasterly 20 to 30 knots shifting south to southwesterly during the afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- 1st Swell
- Below 0.5 metres, tending northeasterly 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- 2nd Swell
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the morning.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:10 am EDT Wednesday.