Forecast issued at 4:05 pm EDT on Wednesday 26 October 2016.
Northerly winds along the New South Wales coast ahead of a southerly change associated with a cold front developing in the south this evening and extending to the north coast during Thursday. Winds will turn back to northerly by Saturday and strengthen during Sunday ahead of another cold front and southerly change expected on the south coast early Monday.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- Northerly 15 to 20 knots tending northwesterly 10 to 15 knots in the late evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 metres offshore south of Moruya Heads by early evening.
- Southeasterly below 1 metre.
- Mostly clear.
Thursday 27 October
- North to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots shifting southerly 15 to 25 knots before dawn.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Southeasterly below 1 metre, tending southerly 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 40% chance of showers inshore, near zero chance elsewhere.
Friday 28 October
- Southeasterly 10 to 15 knots turning northeasterly in the late morning.
- 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Southerly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- Cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Saturday 29 October
- Northeasterly 15 to 25 knots increasing to 25 to 30 knots during the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning.
- Southerly around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:10 am EDT Thursday.