Forecast issued at 4:05 pm EDT on Thursday 26 November 2015.
A vigorous southerly change associated with a cold front is moving along central parts of New South Wales coast this afternoon, and is expected to reach the northern border early Friday. Behind this, a ridge of high pressure is developing across southern and central parts of the state, with a new high pressure centre expected to form over the Tasman Sea during Friday. This pattern should result in a return to generally northerly winds along the coast by Saturday. Another southerly change is expected in the south during Sunday.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Thursday for Coffs Coast
- Northerly 15 to 25 knots, locally reaching 30 knots, before a gusty southerly change 20 to 30 knots in the late evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- North to northeasterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- Mostly clear. 20% chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Friday 27 November
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Coffs Coast
- Southerly 20 to 30 knots tending southeasterly 15 to 20 knots in the afternoon.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- 1st Swell
- Southerly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- 2nd Swell
- Northeasterly 1 to 2 metres,, tending east to northeasterly below 1 metre around midday.
- Cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Saturday 28 November
- East to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending east to northeasterly during the day.
- Around 1 metre.
- 1st Swell
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres.
- 2nd Swell
- Easterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore by evening.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Sunday 29 November
- Northeasterly 15 to 20 knots tending north to northeasterly 20 to 25 knots during the day.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the morning.
- South to southeasterly around 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 60% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:10 am EDT Friday.