Forecast issued at 4:05 pm EDT on Wednesday 26 October 2016.
Northerly winds along the New South Wales coast ahead of a southerly change associated with a cold front developing in the south this evening and extending to the north coast during Thursday. Winds will turn back to northerly by Saturday and strengthen during Sunday ahead of another cold front and southerly change expected on the south coast early Monday.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Eden Coast
- Northerly 15 to 20 knots shifting south to southwesterly in the evening. Winds reaching up to 30 knots offshore south of Merimbula in the late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Southeasterly below 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy.
Thursday 27 October
Strong Wind Warning for Thursday for Eden Coast
- Southwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots during the morning and early afternoon. Winds turning southerly 15 to 25 knots in the afternoon.
- 1.5 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- Southeast to southwesterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore around midday.
- Cloudy. 20% chance of a shower offshore south of Green Cape, near zero chance elsewhere.
Friday 28 October
- Variable about 10 knots becoming northeasterly 10 to 15 knots in the morning.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Southerly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Cloudy. 20% chance of a shower inshore, near zero chance elsewhere.
Saturday 29 October
- Northeasterly 15 to 25 knots increasing to 25 to 30 knots during the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning.
- Southerly around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:10 am EDT Thursday.