Forecast issued at 4:05 pm EST on Monday 25 July 2016.
A series of cold fronts crossing southern Tasman Sea are directing westerly winds along the New South Wales coast.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Eden Coast
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore in the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres by early evening.
- Southerly 2 to 2.5 metres.
- Large and powerful surf conditions in the afternoon and evening are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Tuesday 26 July
Strong Wind Warning for Tuesday for Eden Coast
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots tending westerly before dawn then turning north to northwesterly in the late morning and early afternoon. Reaching up to 30 knots offshore during the morning.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres offshore north of Merimbula by early evening.
- South to southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres later in the evening.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower offshore south of Merimbula in the early morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere.
Wednesday 27 July
- Northwesterly 15 to 25 knots turning west to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots before dawn then becoming westerly 15 to 25 knots in the late evening.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- South to southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres later in the evening.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Thursday 28 July
- Northwest to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots.
- 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres offshore south of Green Cape.
- South to southwesterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:10 am EST Tuesday.