Forecast issued at 4:10 am EST on Tuesday 27 September 2016.
South to southwesterly winds along the New South Wales coast will turn northwest to northeasterly on Wednesday and increase ahead of a west to southwesterly change expected to develop during Friday.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Tuesday for Eden Coast
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning southwesterly 15 to 25 knots during the morning. Reaching up to 30 knots offshore in the late morning and afternoon.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning.
- South to southeasterly around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Wednesday 28 September
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Eden Coast
- Southwesterly 15 to 25 knots becoming variable about 10 knots in the morning then becoming northeasterly 15 to 25 knots in the early afternoon. Reaching up to 30 knots offshore south of Green Cape in the late evening.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- Southeasterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
Thursday 29 September
- North to northeasterly 25 to 35 knots tending north to northwesterly 20 to 30 knots during the morning.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Easterly below 1 metre, tending northeasterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:05 pm EST Tuesday.