Forecast issued at 10:00 pm EDT on Monday 23 January 2017.
A high over the Tasman Sea is directing north to northeasterly winds over New South Wales waters today as a trough approaches from the west. This trough will bring a southerly change to southern and central parts of the coast on Tuesday before stalling around the north coast on Wednesday.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Eden Coast
- Northerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore.
- 1.5 to 2 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 3 metres offshore.
- Northerly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Tuesday 24 January
Gale Warning for Tuesday for Eden Coast
- Northerly 20 to 30 knots shifting south to southwesterly during the morning. Winds reaching up to 40 knots in the late morning and afternoon.
- 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 4 metres around midday.
- 1st Swell
- South to southeasterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore during the afternoon.
- 2nd Swell
- Northerly 1 to 1.5 metres, tending northeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower in the early morning.
Wednesday 25 January
- South to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots decreasing to below 10 knots in the morning then becoming east to southeasterly in the early afternoon.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the morning.
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy.
Thursday 26 January
- Variable about 10 knots becoming south to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots during the morning then decreasing to about 10 knots during the evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres south of Merimbula during the morning.
- Southerly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore south of Merimbula.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:10 am EDT Tuesday.