Forecast issued at 4:05 pm EST on Saturday 29 April 2017.
A high pressure system is moving over southeastern Australia strengthening and ridge to the southeast directing southerly winds along the New South Wales coast. The high will move over the Tasman Sea on Sunday and winds will turn southeast to northeasterly. The next southerly change associated with a cold front is expected to develop on the south coast Tuesday Night.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Illawarra Coast
- Southerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots south of Port Kembla in the late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres later in the evening.
- Southerly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower offshore north of Port Kembla later this evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere.
Sunday 30 April
- Southerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots south of Port Kembla early in the morning. Winds becoming variable about 10 knots in the early afternoon.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Southerly 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers in the morning.
Monday 1 May
- Northerly 15 to 20 knots turning northwesterly 10 to 15 knots in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore around midday.
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the morning.
- Mostly sunny. 30% chance of a shower offshore north of Point Perpendicular, near zero chance elsewhere.
Tuesday 2 May
- Westerly 10 to 15 knots turning southerly during the afternoon.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- 1st Swell
- Southerly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the evening.
- 2nd Swell
- Northeasterly around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:10 am EST Sunday.