Forecast issued at 4:10 am EST on Tuesday 27 September 2016.
South to southwesterly winds along the New South Wales coast will turn northwest to northeasterly on Wednesday and increase ahead of a west to southwesterly change expected to develop during Friday.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Tuesday for Macquarie Coast
- Southwesterly 15 to 20 knots tending northwest to southwesterly in the morning then tending south to southwesterly in the evening. Reaching up to 30 knots offshore in the late afternoon.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- Southerly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore south of Port Macquarie during the morning.
- Mostly sunny. 20% chance of a shower offshore late this afternoon and evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm this morning.
Wednesday 28 September
- Southwesterly 15 to 25 knots shifting north to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots in the evening.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres offshore during the morning.
- Mostly sunny. 30% chance of a shower offshore in the morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere.
Thursday 29 September
- Northerly 20 to 30 knots tending northwesterly during the evening.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- 1st Swell
- Easterly around 1 metre, tending northeasterly 1.5 to 2 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- 2nd Swell
- Southerly around 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:05 pm EST Tuesday.