Forecast issued at 4:52 pm EDT on Sunday 23 November 2014.
A low pressure trough is moving along New South Wales south coast bringing a southerly change there. This change will extend to Sydney Waters in the late afternoon before weakening on the Hunter coast early Monday. A stronger southerly change associated with a cold front is expected to develop on the south coast Monday night and move up the coast during Tuesday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Northerly 15 to 25 knots.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Easterly below 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. The chance of a thunderstorm inshore later this evening.
Monday 24 November
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Macquarie Coast
- Northerly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots early in the morning and again in the late evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- East to northeasterly below 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers south of Port Macquarie, 30% chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Tuesday 25 November
- Northerly 20 to 30 knots tending northwest to northeasterly 15 to 25 knots before dawn then tending south to southeasterly in the middle of the day.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning, then increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday.
- Northeasterly below 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Wednesday 26 November
- East to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending east to northeasterly during the morning then becoming variable about 10 knots during the evening.
- Around 1 metre.
- Northeasterly around 1 metre, tending southerly 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers. The chance of isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:10 am EDT Monday.