Sydney Coastal Waters Forecast: Broken Bay to Port Hacking

View the current warnings for New South Wales

Forecast updated at 1:28 pm EST on Saturday 28 May 2016.

Weather Situation

A low pressure system over the Tasman Sea will move east during the next day or two, while a high pressure ridge developing over central Australia drifts across New South Wales. This pattern will see west to southwesterly winds remaining fresh to strong along most of the coast, easing by Monday as the high passes overhead.

Forecast for Saturday until midnight

Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Sydney Coast

Winds
West to southwesterly winds 25 to 30 knots.
Seas
1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres offshore.
Swell
Southerly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
Weather
Cloudy. 70% chance of showers offshore, 30% chance elsewhere. The chance of thunderstorms.

Sunday 29 May

Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Sydney Coast

Winds
Southwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore during the day.
Seas
2 to 3 metres.
Swell
Southerly 2 to 3 metres.
Weather
Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower offshore, near zero chance elsewhere.

Monday 30 May

Winds
South to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots tending south to southeasterly below 10 knots during the afternoon.
Seas
1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
Swell
Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres offshore.
Weather
Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers.

Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.

Nearby Coastal Waters

Sunshine Coast Waters Forecast Moreton Bay Forecast Gold Coast Waters Forecast NSW - Byron Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast NSW - Coffs Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast NSW - Macquarie Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast NSW - Hunter Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast NSW - Sydney Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast NSW - Illawarra Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast NSW - Batemans Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast NSW - Eden Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast Vic - Central Gippsland Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:05 pm EST Saturday.

Product IDN11009