Forecast issued at 4:05 pm EDT on Monday 24 October 2016.
A vigorous southerly along the New South Wales coast will gradually ease tonight and turn northerly on Tuesday as a high pressure system moves over the Tasman Sea. The next southerly change is expected to develop in the south Wednesday afternoon or evening, reaching central parts of the coast Thursday morning, and northern parts of the coast Thursday afternoon.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- Southerly 10 to 15 knots decreasing to about 10 knots in the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- Southerly 4 metres.
- Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Tuesday 25 October
- Variable about 10 knots becoming north to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots in the morning then tending north to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots in the middle of the day.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- Southerly 4 metres, decreasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- Mostly sunny.
- Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing, easing in the evening.
Wednesday 26 October
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning northerly 10 to 15 knots in the middle of the day.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Southerly 1 to 2 metres.
- Partly cloudy.
Thursday 27 October
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots shifting southerly 15 to 25 knots during the morning then increasing to 25 to 30 knots during the afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the afternoon.
- 1st Swell
- Southerly around 1 metre.
- 2nd Swell
- Northeasterly around 1 metre.
- Becoming cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:10 am EDT Tuesday.