||Height of significant wave (metres). This is the average height of the highest one third of the waves in the record.
||Maximum height of the waves (metres) in the record.
||Average time (seconds) between all waves in the record.
||The peak energy period (seconds) is the period of the dominant waves in the record.
This page contains wave observations from a moored Waverider buoy located 4.2nm West of Cape du Couedic Light (Kangaroo Island) in 44 fathoms (80 metres). Location: 36.07S, 136.62E.
- These data are automatically generated and are not quality controlled.
- All times and dates are in South Australian local time.
- Data for this page is downloaded manually approximately every 3 hours.
- Each 'observation' (or record) is obtained by sampling the waves for 27 minutes.
- This page is automatically updated every hour from available data.
Queries relating to this service should be directed to the Marine Officer in our South Australian Regional Office.