Forecast issued at 4:45 am EST on Friday 20 January 2017.
Moderate to fresh north to northeasterly winds over southern waters ahead of a surface trough and associated fresh southeasterly wind change which is expected to move northwards through southern waters during the weekend.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- North to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots, shifting to north to northwesterly early in the morning. Winds reaching up to 20 knots inshore during the afternoon and evening.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southerly around 1 metre offshore southern waters, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers offshore south of Agnes Water this morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere.
Saturday 21 January
- North to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots south of Cape Capricorn during the morning.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres offshore, tending northwesterly below 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Mostly sunny. 50% chance of showers south of Cape Capricorn, 30% chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Sunday 22 January
- Northwest to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending southeasterly 15 to 25 knots during the morning.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- 1st Swell
- Northwesterly around 1 metre offshore southern waters, tending southerly 1 to 2 metres during the afternoon.
- 2nd Swell
- East to northeasterly below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre offshore.
- Cloudy. 60% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Friday.