Forecast issued at 4:45 am EST on Wednesday 26 April 2017.
A weakening high pressure system in the Tasman Sea will drift slowly eastwards today and tomorrow, with the ridge along the east coast of Queensland weakening as a result. A trough is likely to move across southeastern Queensland today, moving through southern waters this evening and Thursday morning. A new high over the Great Australian Bight is then expected to extend a firm ridge over South Queensland waters in the wake of the trough.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- North to northeasterly about 10 knots tending north to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots in the morning then tending west to northwesterly in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre by early evening.
- Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Mostly sunny day. 50% chance of showers later tonight. The chance of a thunderstorm this evening.
Thursday 27 April
- Westerly 10 to 15 knots turning south to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots early in the morning.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers offshore in the early morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm offshore in the early morning.
Friday 28 April
- Southwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning southerly 15 to 25 knots during the morning.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres offshore, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the evening.
- Mostly sunny. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Wednesday.