Forecast issued at 3:50 pm EST on Friday 26 August 2016.
A large high over South Australia extends a firm ridge along the tropical east coast. The ridge is expected to be maintained as the high moves slowly east during the coming days.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- South to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres north of Creal Reef by early evening.
- East to southeasterly around 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Saturday 27 August
- Southerly 15 to 20 knots turning southeasterly 10 to 15 knots in the late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre by early evening.
- East to southeasterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
Sunday 28 August
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Southeasterly around 1 metre.
- Mostly sunny.
Monday 29 August
- East to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- Southeasterly below 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Saturday.