No warnings for Queensland
Forecast issued at 4:45 am EST on Wednesday 23 July 2014.
A high over southeastern Australia will move slowly east, extending a weakening ridge northwards over Queensland.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- Southerly 15 to 20 knots turning southeasterly 10 to 15 knots in the early afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre around midday.
- Southeasterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
Thursday 24 July
- East to northeasterly about 10 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
Friday 25 July
- Northerly about 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore during the evening.
- Southeasterly around 1 metre.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Wednesday.