No warnings for Queensland
Forecast issued at 4:45 am EST on Monday 31 August 2015.
A high south of Tasmania will maintain a ridge across western Queensland today, before weakening out overnight. On Tuesday a weak high should form over southeast Queensland.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots in the middle of the day.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the morning.
Tuesday 1 September
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots in the morning then becoming north to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots in the early afternoon.
- Below 1 metre.
- North to northeasterly below 1 metre.
Wednesday 2 September
- West to northwesterly about 10 knots tending northerly 10 to 15 knots during the day.
- Around 1 metre.
- Below 0.5 metres.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Monday.