Forecast issued at 10:49 am EST on Thursday 11 February 2016.
A slow-moving high pressure system over the Tasman Sea will combine with a low pressure developing in the Coral Sea to maintain a fresh to strong south to southeasterly wind flow over southern Queensland waters during the forecast period.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- Around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Friday 12 February
- Southeasterly 15 to 25 knots.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres in the northern bay around midday.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Saturday 13 February
- Southerly 15 to 20 knots turning southeasterly during the morning.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres in the northern bay.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Thursday.