Forecast issued at 4:45 am EST on Saturday 1 November 2014.
A weak ridge of high pressure extends along the east coast. Northerly winds will freshen over southern waters as a surface trough moves east over the interior of the state today. The trough and an associated southeasterly wind change will move north through southern Queensland waters during Sunday. A new high will then move east into the Tasman Sea during Monday.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Moreton Bay
- Northerly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots during the afternoon and evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres around midday.
- Partly cloudy. The chance of a thunderstorm this evening.
Sunday 2 November
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Moreton Bay
- Northerly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots in the eastern bay early in the morning. Winds shifting southeasterly in the morning.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres in the far north during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning.
Monday 3 November
- East to southeasterly 15 to 25 knots.
- Around 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Saturday.