Forecast issued at 10:29 pm EST on Wednesday 4 March 2015.
A weak ridge lies along the east coast of Queensland and is expected to weaken further during Thursday. A trough will move northwards along the New South Wales coast during Thursday and is expected to enter far southern Queensland waters Thursday evening. The trough should
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- Northerly 10 to 15 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
Thursday 5 March
Strong Wind Warning for Thursday for Moreton Bay
- North to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending north to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots in the afternoon. Winds then shifting southeasterly 15 to 25 knots from the south in the evening and reaching up to 30 knots at times in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres later in the evening.
- Mostly sunny day. 20% chance of a shower in the evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the late afternoon and evening.
Friday 6 March
- Southeasterly 15 to 25 knots tending easterly 15 to 20 knots in the morning.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the morning.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Saturday 7 March
- Easterly 10 to 15 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Thursday.