Forecast issued at 4:45 am EST on Friday 19 December 2014.
A high pressure system in the Great Australian Bight should move across southeast Australia during Saturday and into the Tasman Sea on Sunday. A fresh southeast change will move through southern waters late this afternoon or evening. A firm ridge will develop over southeast waters during the weekend in the wake of the trough.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- West to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending northeasterly this afternoon. A south to southeasterly change 15 to 20 knots this evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres in the northern bay later in the evening.
- 20% chance of a shower early this morning. Sunny afternoon.
Saturday 20 December
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- Around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower in the morning.
Sunday 21 December
- Easterly 15 to 20 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Friday.