Forecast updated at 4:11 am EST on Thursday 2 October 2014.
A weak ridge of high pressure will remain along the east coast during the next few days.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- Easterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots in the late afternoon then becoming south to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots in the late evening. Winds reaching up to 20 knots offshore north of Cullen Point in the morning and again in the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre around midday.
Friday 3 October
- East to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre around midday, then increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
Saturday 4 October
- Easterly 15 to 20 knots turning south to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon then tending northeast to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots during the evening.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the afternoon.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Thursday.