Forecast issued at 4:15 pm EST on Monday 1 September 2014.
A weak ridge extends through Gulf of Carpentaria waters. The ridge will strengthen from late Tuesday due to a large high shifting east over the Great Australian Bight.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- Southeast to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
Tuesday 2 September
- South to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending east to southeasterly before dawn then tending south to southeasterly in the early afternoon.
- Around 1 metre.
Wednesday 3 September
- South to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending east to southeasterly before dawn then tending southeast to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the early afternoon.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres south of Cullen Point.
Thursday 4 September
- East to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots shifting west to southwesterly during the afternoon then tending southeast to southwesterly during the evening.
- Around 1 metre, decreasing below 1 metre during the afternoon.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Tuesday.