Forecast issued at 3:50 pm EST on Friday 31 July 2015.
A high near New Zealand extends a ridge along the Queensland coast. The ridge is expected to weaken as the high moves further east over the weekend.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- South to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore north of Weipa in the late evening. Winds tending east to southeasterly in the late evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres later in the evening.
Saturday 1 August
- Easterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore north of Weipa early in the morning and again in the late evening.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing below 1.5 metres around midday, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore north of Cullen Point later in the evening.
- Mostly sunny. 20% chance of a shower offshore north of Cullen Point, near zero chance elsewhere.
Sunday 2 August
- Easterly 15 to 20 knots turning south to southeasterly in the afternoon.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday.
- Mostly sunny. 20% chance of a shower offshore, near zero chance elsewhere.
Monday 3 August
- East to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots tending south to southeasterly during the afternoon.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Saturday.