No warnings for Queensland
Forecast issued at 4:46 am EST on Saturday 30 August 2014.
A high over southeastern Australia extends a firm ridge through Gulf of Carpentaria waters. The high will weaken and shift east northeast towards the Tasman Sea during the forecast period, gradually relaxing the ridge.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- East to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending southeast to southwesterly in the late afternoon.
- Around 1 metre.
Sunday 31 August
- East to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending south to southeasterly in the evening then tending east to southeasterly in the late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre around midday.
- Below 0.5 metres.
Monday 1 September
- Easterly 15 to 20 knots tending southeast to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots during the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore north of Cullen Point.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Saturday.