No warnings for Queensland
Forecast issued at 3:50 pm EST on Friday 2 December 2016.
A weak pressure gradient will persist over Gulf of Carpentaria waters throughout the forecast period, with inshore sea breezes in the afternoons and evenings.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- East to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots with inshore seabreezes. Winds reaching up to 20 knots north of Cullen Point in the evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre north of Cullen Point later in the evening.
Saturday 3 December
- East to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots in the middle of the day.
- Around 1 metre, decreasing below 1 metre during the afternoon.
Sunday 4 December
- East to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending southeast to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the evening then tending east to southeasterly in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre during the morning.
- Mostly sunny. 30% chance of a shower north of Weipa, near zero chance elsewhere.
Monday 5 December
- Easterly 15 to 20 knots becoming variable about 10 knots during the afternoon then becoming northeast to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots during the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the afternoon or evening.
- Mostly sunny. 30% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Saturday.