Forecast issued at 3:54 pm EST on Wednesday 25 November 2015.
A high in the Tasman Sea will extend a ridge into the southern Coral Sea through today. Northerly winds are expected to strengthen over far southern waters on Thursday ahead of a surface trough that should move through far southern waters during Friday, before stalling and retreating to the south of Saturday.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- Northeasterly 10 to 15 knots turning northerly in the late evening. Winds reaching up to 20 knots inshore in the late evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres south of Maroochydore by early evening.
- Easterly below 1 metre.
Thursday 26 November
- Northerly 15 to 20 knots, increasing to 20 to 25 knots in the afternoon and evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the afternoon.
- East to northeasterly below 1 metre.
- Mostly sunny.
Friday 27 November
- Northerly 20 to 25 knots tending northwesterly 15 to 20 knots early in the morning then shifting southeasterly in the late morning.
- 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres south of Maroochydore during the afternoon.
- Easterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- Mostly sunny morning. 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening.
Saturday 28 November
- East to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots turning north to northeasterly during the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the morning.
- 1st Swell
- Easterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- 2nd Swell
- Southerly below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre offshore.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:45 am EST Thursday.