No warnings for Queensland
Forecast issued at 4:45 am EST on Tuesday 1 December 2015.
A weak trough will track west over the northern Coral Sea today and approach the far north Queensland coast on Wednesday. A high will enter the Tasman Sea on Thursday, gradually building a ridge over north Queensland waters.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
- East to northeasterly about 10 knots tending southeast to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon.
- Below 1 metre.
- Easterly below 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower offshore, near zero chance elsewhere.
Wednesday 2 December
- Easterly 10 to 15 knots.
- Around 1 metre.
- East to northeasterly below 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Thursday 3 December
- Easterly 15 to 20 knots.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the evening.
- Easterly around 1 metre outside the reef.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm EST Tuesday.