Forecast issued at 3:52 pm CDT on Sunday 26 October 2014.
A trough over SA will continue to move eastwards to be near Broken Hill late this evening. A ridge of high pressure will extend over the State on Tuesday and Wednesday. A second trough of low pressure will move over South Australia on Friday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots shifting southwesterly 20 to 25 knots late afternoon and early evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres following the change.
- Southeast to southwesterly below 0.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Monday 27 October
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Gulf St Vincent
- Southwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching 20 to 30 knots early in the morning, easing to 15 to 20 knots throughout during the afternoon.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon and evening.
- South to southwesterly below 0.5 metres.
- 20% chance of a shower in the early morning. Mostly sunny afternoon.
Tuesday 28 October
- West to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots decreasing to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon then tending southerly in the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
- South to southwesterly below 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Wednesday 29 October
- Variable about 10 knots. Afternoon sea breezes 10 to 15 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- West to southwesterly below 0.5 metres.
- Mostly sunny.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CDT Monday.