Forecast issued at 4:33 pm CST on Thursday 26 May 2016.
A ridge of high pressure is over South Australia. A low pressure system is expected to move over the Lower South East on Friday then a high pressure system will move over the State on Saturday. A trough will move over the west on Sunday.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- West to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending west to northwesterly in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3.5 metres, reaching 3 to 4 metres south and west of Kangaroo Island.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Friday 27 May
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for South Central Coast
- Northwesterly 20 to 25 knots turning west to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots before dawn then tending south to southwesterly late in the evening.
- 0.5 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3.5 metres, increasing to 3.5 to 4.5 metres south and west of Kangaroo Island during the afternoon.
- Cloudy. 95% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Saturday 28 May
- Southerly 20 to 30 knots decreasing to 15 to 25 knots early in the morning then shifting northeasterly 10 to 15 knots late in the day.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing to 1 metre by early evening.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres, decreasing to 3 metres later in the evening.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower in the early morning.
Sunday 29 May
- North to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres west of Kangaroo Island during the morning.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
- Cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CST Friday.