Forecast issued at 10:04 pm CDT on Friday 27 February 2015.
A high over Tasmania will move eastwards and weaken as a trough of low pressure moves into the far west of the State this evening . The trough will move over the remainder of the State during Saturday. Another high will develop south of the Bight on Sunday and move quickly eastwards to be over the Tasman Sea early next week.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- Northwest to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots, tending southerly 10 to 15 knots north of Cowell to Wallaroo, becoming variable around 10 knots throughout in the evening.
- Below 1 metre.
- South to southwesterly below 1 metre.
Saturday 28 February
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Spencer Gulf
- Northeast to northwesterly 5 to 10 knots shifting west to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots from the south during the morning then increasing to 15 to 20 knots in the early afternoon. Southwesterly winds increasing to 20 to 25 knots from mid-afternoon and reaching 20 to 30 knots north of Cowell to Wallaroo until late evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres from midday.
- South to southwesterly around 1 metre south of Cowell to Wallaroo.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Sunday 1 March
- South to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots tending south to southeasterly in the morning.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- South to southwesterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres south of Cowell to Wallaroo during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower in the south.
Monday 2 March
- South to southeasterly 10 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- South to southwesterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres south of Cowell to Wallaroo.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of rain.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CDT Saturday.