Forecast issued at 3:55 pm CST on Sunday 20 April 2014.
A high 1020 hPa over western New South Wales is moving eastwards. A cold front is expected to reach Nullarbor around midday Monday, a line Robe to Adelaide to Tarcoola late Monday evening and Port Augusta to Portland early Tuesday morning. Another high will develop over the Bight later on Tuesday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Variable about 10 knots becoming northeasterly 10 to 15 knots in the evening. Winds reaching 15 to 20 knots south of Port Neill to Port Victoria in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres south of Cowell to Wallaroo later in the evening.
- South to southwesterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres south of Cowell to Wallaroo.
Monday 21 April
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Spencer Gulf
- North to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots, increasing to 20 to 25 knots and reaching 20 to 30 knots south of Cowell to Wallaroo during the morning. Winds easing to 15 to 20 knots early afternoon ahead of a south to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots change during the afternoon and evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing below 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
- South to southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres before dawn.
- The chance of thunderstorms south of Port Neill to Port Victoria at night.
Tuesday 22 April
- Southerly 10 to 15 knots.
- Around 1 metre.
- South to southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres in the south.
Wednesday 23 April
- Variable about 10 knots.
- Below 0.5 metres.
- South to southwesterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres in the south.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CST Monday.