Forecast updated at 7:07 pm CDT on Tuesday 17 January 2017.
A trough of low pressure will continue to move across remaining coasts later this afternoon and evening. A high will pass to the south of the Bight during Wednesday, then a broad area of low pressure is expected to develop over the State on Thursday before another high develops south of the Bight later on Friday.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Tuesday for Spencer Gulf
- Southerly 20 to 25 knots, reaching 25 to 30 knots south of Cowell to Wallaroo. Winds turning southeasterly in the late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres later in the evening.
- South to southwesterly around 1 metre south of Cowell to Wallaroo.
- Mostly clear.
Wednesday 18 January
- Southeasterly 20 to 25 knots, tending south to southwesterly in the north in the afternoon.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- South to southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres south of Cowell to Wallaroo.
- Partly cloudy.
Thursday 19 January
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots easing to easterly 10 to 15 knots around sunrise, becoming north to northeasterly late afternoon ahead of a south to southwesterly change 15 to 20 knots in the evening.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- South to southwesterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres south of Port Neill to Port Victoria.
- Partly cloudy. 80% chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. A thunderstorm likely during the afternoon and evening.
Friday 20 January
- South to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots tending south to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- South to southwesterly around 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CDT Wednesday.