Forecast issued at 10:22 am CDT on Friday 31 October 2014.
A cold front over the far west early Friday morning will move eastwards over remaining coastal waters during the morning and afternoon. A new high will move to a position over the Bight by Saturday night and will then move eastwards to be south of Mount Gambier late Sunday night. A trough will move over western coasts during Monday then over remaining coastal waters during Tuesday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Spencer Gulf
- Northeasterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching 15 to 20 knots south of Cowell to Wallaroo, shifting southwesterly 20 to 30 knots early afternoon then easing to 20 to 25 knots during the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres early afternoon.
- South to southwesterly 1 to 2 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 70% chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Saturday 1 November
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Spencer Gulf
- West to southwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching 25 to 30 knots in the morning. Winds tending south to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the morning.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- South to southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres south of Port Neill to Port Victoria during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower in the early morning.
Sunday 2 November
- Southeast to southwesterly 5 to 15 knots tending east to southeasterly during the evening. Afternoon sea breezes 10 to 15 knots, reaching 15 to 20 knots north of Cowell to Wallaroo.
- Around 1 metre.
- South to southwesterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres south of Cowell to Wallaroo.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm CDT Friday.