Forecast issued at 10:01 pm CDT on Saturday 25 October 2014.
A high 1019hPa centred to west of Tasmania will move east to be over Tasman Sea on Sunday. A trough will extend from the west during Sunday followed by a new ridge of high pressure extending over the State on Tuesday.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- East to southeasterly 5 to 10 knots tending south to southeasterly north of Cowell to Wallaroo.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southwesterly below 1 metre, reaching 1 to 1.5 metres south of Port Neill to Port Victoria.
- Mostly clear.
Sunday 26 October
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Spencer Gulf
- Southeast to northeasterly 5 to 10 becoming north to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots early in the morning then shifting southwesterly 20 to 25 knots in the afternoon reaching 25 to 30 knots north of Cowell to Wallaroo in the evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon, then increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres in the evening.
- South to southwesterly below 1 metre.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Monday 27 October
- West to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots easing to southwesterly 20 to 25 knots before sunrise then further to south to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots late afternoon and evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres late afternoon and evening.
- South to southwesterly 1 to 2 metres in the south.
- Partly cloudy.
Tuesday 28 October
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending west to southwesterly early morning, reaching 15 to 20 knots in the far south until late morning, then turning southwest to southeasterly during the afternoon.
- Around 1 metre, reaching 1 to 1.5 metres in the far south during the morning.
- South to southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres in the south.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am CDT Sunday.