Forecast issued at 10:02 am CST on Sunday 24 July 2016.
A series of fronts will move across coastal waters on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. A high pressure system will move over the State from mid week.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Spencer Gulf
- Northwesterly 20 to 25 knots early reaching 25 to 30 knots south of Cowell to Wallaroo. Winds shifting west to southwesterly during the late morning and early afternoon.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- South to southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy. 90% chance of showers south of Cowell to Wallaroo, 60% chance elsewhere. Possible small hail in the south from late morning. The chance of a thunderstorm in the south with squalls to 50 knots.
Monday 25 July
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Spencer Gulf
- West to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots increasing to 20 to 25 knots during the morning then tending west to southwesterly in the middle of the day with winds reaching 20 to 30 knots south of Cowell to Wallaroo. Winds west to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots in the evening.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- South to southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon, then increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres by early evening.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Tuesday 26 July
- West to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots, increasing to westerly 20 to 30 knots south of Cowell to Wallaroo during the afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres south of Cowell to Wallaroo.
- South to southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 2 to 4 metres south of Port Neill to Port Victoria.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:50 pm CST Sunday.