Forecast issued at 4:07 pm EST on Thursday 2 October 2014.
A cold front over the south of Tasmania will move away to the east this evening, as a high approaches from the northwest. The high will pass to the north of Tasmania tomorrow, to lie to the northeast by Friday evening. A cold front will approach Tasmania from the west during Saturday, crossing in the early hours of Sunday morning, with a high to move over the state Sunday evening. Another cold front is expected to then approach Tasmania on Monday and lie over the state by Monday evening.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots.
Friday 3 October
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots early in the morning.
Saturday 4 October
- Northwesterly about 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots in the late afternoon.
Sunday 5 October
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending west to southwesterly during the morning then decreasing to below 10 knots during the evening.
Monday 6 October
- Variable below 10 knots becoming northerly 15 to 20 knots during the morning.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am EST Friday.