Forecast issued at 5:22 am EST on Saturday 4 July 2015.
An area of high pressure lies to the north of Tasmania. A cold front will cross Tasmania this morning, followed by a weak ridge of high pressure Sunday morning. A warm front will move over Tasmania later Sunday, associated with a low that will move to the west of the state in the evening. The low will slowly track eastwards and weaken, to lie near the northwest of Tasmania late Monday, while a high builds to the south. The high will remain to the south on Tuesday while the low will move to the north and weaken.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending west to southwesterly below 10 knots in the morning.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers this morning.
Sunday 5 July
- West to southwesterly about 10 knots becoming east to northeasterly in the late evening.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of rain.
Monday 6 July
- West to northwesterly about 10 knots becoming east to southeasterly during the morning.
- Cloudy. Near 100% chance of rain.
Tuesday 7 July
- Southeasterly below 10 knots.
- Cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:05 pm EST Saturday.