Forecast issued at 4:06 pm EST on Saturday 19 April 2014.
A high pressure system near Adelaide will continue moving east today, with an associated ridge to cross Tasmania as a cold front moves over the Bight, expected to cross the state tomorrow afternoon and evening. A low pressure system will develop over the Bight Sunday night then move southeast, passing just southwest of Tasmania Monday night with an associated cold front to then cross the state early on Tuesday.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- West to southwesterly about 10 knots.
Sunday 20 April
- West to northwesterly about 10 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots in the morning then tending west to southwesterly early afternoon and easing to around 10 knots in the evening.
Monday 21 April
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots in the morning then becoming northerly 10 to 15 knots in the late evening.
Tuesday 22 April
- North to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning west to southwesterly below 10 knots during the day.
Wednesday 23 April
- Westerly below 10 knots tending northwesterly 10 to 15 knots during the morning.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am EST Sunday.