No warnings for Tasmania
Forecast issued at 4:07 pm EDT on Monday 10 March 2014.
A slow moving high over the Tasman Sea will move towards New Zealand on Tuesday, with a weak high to pass south of Tasmania early Tuesday. A trough over Tasmania will weaken near the east of the state early Tuesday, with another trough and a cold front to cross the state later Tuesday and early Wednesday, bringing a westerly change. A high over the Bight will track slowly eastwards on Wednesday, extending a ridge north of Tasmania, while another high will develop over the Tasman Sea on Thursday with the ridge to move over the state. The ridge will move to the east of Tasmania on Friday, with a northerly flow developing over the state, as a trough crosses the Bight.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- West to northwesterly 5 to 15 knots tending variable below 10 knots in the evening.
- The chance of thunderstorms this evening.
Tuesday 11 March
- North to northwesterly to 10 knots increasing to 10 to 20 knots in the morning.
Wednesday 12 March
- West to southwesterly about 10 knots.
Thursday 13 March
- West to northwesterly below 10 knots.
Friday 14 March
- North to northwesterly below 10 knots.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:00 am EDT Tuesday.