Forecast issued at 5:01 am EDT on Monday 24 November 2014.
A cold front will cross Tasmania during the afternoon and early evening, with the associated low to pass to the south at night. A trough will then cross the state early on Tuesday with a cold front to follow early Wednesday, and then another trough to clip the southeast of the state during Wednesday. A strengthening high over the Bight will slowly approach Tasmania, and extend a ridge over the state early on Thursday.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- North to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning west to northwesterly in the late afternoon.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of rain.
Tuesday 25 November
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots decreasing to about 10 knots in the late evening.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Wednesday 26 November
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning southwesterly during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Thursday 27 November
- West to southwesterly below 10 knots.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:05 pm EDT Monday.