Forecast issued at 5:03 am EST on Friday 31 July 2015.
A westerly flow over Tasmania will shift northwesterly today as a cold front approaches Tasmania late. The front will cross the state tomorrow morning with a strong westerly flow to develop in its wake. The next cold front will cross Tasmania during Sunday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Central North Coast
- Westerly 15 to 25 knots turning northwesterly 20 to 25 knots in the early afternoon. Winds reaching up to 30 knots in the late evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres by early evening.
- Westerly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Saturday 1 August
Gale Warning for Saturday for Central North Coast
- Northwesterly 25 to 30 knots, reaching up to 35 knots in the morning. Winds tending westerly in the morning.
- 2.5 to 3 metres.
- Westerly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 90% chance of showers.
Sunday 2 August
- West to northwesterly 25 to 35 knots.
- 2.5 to 4 metres.
- Westerly 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:05 pm EST Friday.