Forecast issued at 10:00 am EDT on Wednesday 25 November 2015.
A trough to the northwest of Tasmania will cross the state during today, with a cold front to follow this evening. Another front will cross Tasmania tomorrow morning, bringing much colder conditions to the state, with a trough to follow in the evening. A high over the Bight will extend a ridge to the north of Tasmania early on Friday, with a front to clip the south of the state late on Friday. A trough will develop over Victoria on Saturday and extend south over Tasmania during the day.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Channel
- North to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots becoming northwesterly 25 to 30 knots in the early afternoon then tending northwest to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots in the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of rain.
Thursday 26 November
Strong Wind Warning for Thursday for Channel
- West to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots increasing to 25 to 30 knots in the early afternoon then decreasing to 15 to 25 knots in the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing to 1 metre by early evening.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Possible hail in the morning and afternoon.
Friday 27 November
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots becoming variable below 10 knots during the evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Saturday 28 November
- West to northwesterly below 10 knots becoming south to southwesterly during the morning then becoming east to southeasterly during the day.
- Below 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 60% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:05 pm EDT Wednesday.