Forecast issued at 10:34 pm EDT on Monday 24 October 2016.
A high pressure system over Victoria will drift away to the northeast tomorrow. A weakening low pressure trough will enter western Victoria on Tuesday. The trough will linger over Victoria on Wednesday with a cold front to cross the State Wednesday night and early Thursday. Another high pressure system will approach Victoria on Thursday before the high drifts over the State on Friday.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots, 20 knots in the far east at first.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres in the far east.
- South to southeasterly 2.5 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres in the far east.
- Mostly clear.
Tuesday 25 October
- West to southwesterly about 10 knots tending west to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots early in the morning then tending northwest to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots in the morning.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning, then increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday.
- South to southeasterly 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the morning, then tending southeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy.
Wednesday 26 October
- Northwest to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots tending west to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots in the late afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning, then increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
- Southeasterly around 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Thursday 27 October
- West to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots turning southerly 15 to 25 knots during the afternoon.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am EDT Tuesday.