Forecast issued at 5:10 am EST on Tuesday 4 August 2015.
A weak ridge of high pressure extends across Victoria, however a cold front will approach western Bass Strait Victoria late Tuesday and will cross the Strait early on Wednesday. A weaker cold front will move across Tasmania and Bass Strait on Thursday. A large high pressure system will be located near Adelaide on Thursday, moving across Victoria on Friday.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
- Northwesterly about 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots in the middle of the day.
- Partly cloudy.
Wednesday 5 August
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning westerly 15 to 20 knots early in the morning.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Possible hail in the afternoon and evening.
Thursday 6 August
- West to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots decreasing to 10 to 15 knots by the afternoon and tending westerly about 10 knots during the evening.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Friday 7 August
- West to southwesterly about 10 knots.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:40 pm EST Tuesday.