Forecast issued at 4:40 pm EDT on Thursday 23 February 2017.
A high pressure system over the Bight extends a ridge eastwards over southern Victoria. A weak cold front will cross Tasmania during Friday and then the high will pass over southern Tasmania Saturday night. The high will be located over the Tasman Sea during Sunday and Monday.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- Southeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable to 10 knots in the evening.
- Mostly clear.
Friday 24 February
- Variable about 10 knots becoming southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the middle of the day.
- Cloudy. 40% chance of drizzle.
Saturday 25 February
- Southwesterly about 10 knots becoming west to northwesterly before dawn then tending easterly 15 to 25 knots in the middle of the day.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Sunday 26 February
- Easterly 15 to 20 knots.
- Partly cloudy.
Monday 27 February
- East to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming north to northeasterly below 10 knots during the morning then becoming east to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the day.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am EDT Friday.