No warnings for Victoria
Forecast issued at 5:19 am EDT on Saturday 25 October 2014.
A high pressure system to the south of the Bight will approach Tasmania today before reaching the southern Tasman Sea by Sunday morning. A cold front will approach from the west during Sunday and will reach western Victoria at night. The cold front will rapidly cross Victoria and Bass Strait on Monday morning with another cold front to cross Bass Strait on Tuesday.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- West to southwesterly about 10 knots tending southeasterly 10 to 15 knots in the early afternoon before easing below 10 knots tonight.
- Partly cloudy.
Sunday 26 October
- Easterly 15 to 20 knots.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of rain in the morning.
Monday 27 October
- North to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning west to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning.
Tuesday 28 October
- Westerly about 10 knots increasing to 15 to 25 knots during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:40 pm EDT Saturday.