Forecast issued at 10:15 am EST on Sunday 2 August 2015.
A cold front embedded in a westerly airflow will cross Tasmania and Bass Strait during today but a stronger cold front will follow across Bass Strait early on Monday. Yet another front will cross Bass Strait on Wednesday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of rain in the late morning.
Monday 3 August
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Gippsland Lakes
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots tending westerly 20 to 30 knots early in the morning with stronger squalls likely. Winds then decreasing to 15 to 25 knots in the late afternoon.
- Partly cloudy. 80% chance of showers in the morning. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Possible hail in the morning and afternoon.
Tuesday 4 August
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Wednesday 5 August
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning west to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots during the day.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Possible hail in the afternoon and evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:40 pm EST Sunday.