Forecast issued at 5:20 am EST on Saturday 25 April 2015.
A low pressure system near Adelaide will continue to move northeastwards and approach northwestern Victoria early in the morning, before drifting over southern New South Wales this afternoon. The next high pressure system will drift slowly eastwards over waters south of the Bight during Sunday and early next week before moving near Tasmania on Wednesday.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- West to northwesterly about 10 knots tending southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the early afternoon then tending westerly in the evening.
- Partly cloudy. 80% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the late morning and afternoon.
Sunday 26 April
- Variable about 10 knots becoming southwesterly 15 to 20 knots before dawn then tending westerly in the evening.
- Partly cloudy. 90% chance of showers.
Monday 27 April
- West to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots decreasing to about 10 knots during the evening.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Tuesday 28 April
- Westerly 10 to 15 knots decreasing to about 10 knots during the morning then becoming south to southwesterly during the day.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:40 pm EST Saturday.