Forecast issued at 5:10 am EST on Thursday 30 June 2016.
A strong cold front will cross Bass Strait on Thursday with an associated low pressure system developing over Western Bass Strait on Thursday evening. The low will quickly shift to the Tasman Sea on Friday as a high pressure system develops over South Australia. The high will move slowly eastwards across New South Wales during the weekend.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- Northeast to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning westerly in the evening.
- Cloudy. 40% chance of showers late this afternoon and evening.
Friday 1 July
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning westerly before dawn.
- Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Saturday 2 July
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots, tending more westerly for a period during the afternoon at similar strength.
Sunday 3 July
- Northwesterly about 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon, before easing to around 10 knots at night.
- Mostly sunny.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:40 pm EST Thursday.