Forecast issued at 5:10 am EDT on Thursday 8 October 2015.
A ridge of high pressure will extend across Tasmania and waters south of the bight with the main high pressure system becoming centred over the Tasman Sea on Thursday. A broad low pressure trough will develop over Victoria on Friday and remain over the State on Saturday and Sunday. A weak cold front will approach Tasmania and western Bass Strait late on Sunday.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- East to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots early in the morning.
Friday 9 October
- West to northwesterly below 10 knots becoming south to southeasterly in the morning then becoming east to northeasterly in the evening.
- Mostly sunny morning. 20% chance of a shower in the afternoon and early evening.
Saturday 10 October
- Variable below 10 knots.
- Partly cloudy. Areas of morning fog with reduced visibility. 40% chance of showers.
Sunday 11 October
- Variable below 10 knots tending northwesterly 10 knots during the evening.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:40 pm EDT Thursday.