Forecast issued at 4:43 pm EST on Saturday 18 April 2015.
A cold front near Cape Otway 1500hrs is expected near Port Phillip Heads 1700 hrs, Wilsons Promontory 1800hrs, Lakes Entrance 2200hrs and Gabo Island 0100hrs Sunday. A high pressure system will cross waters south of the Bight during Sunday and will be centred just to the southwest of Victoria on Monday and Tuesday as a low pressure system develops off the central NSW coast. The high will gradually weaken on Wednesday as the low moves slowly southwards and the next front approaches the Bight.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- Westerly about 10 knots becoming north to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots in the evening ahead of a southwesterly change 15 to 25 knots tonight.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Sunday 19 April
- West to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning south to southwesterly 20 to 25 knots in the morning then easing to 15 to 20 knots during the evening.
- Partly cloudy. 80% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm from the late morning. Possible hail.
Monday 20 April
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending southeast to southwesterly in the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Tuesday 21 April
- Southwesterly about 10 knots tending southerly 10 to 15 knots during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Wednesday 22 April
- Southerly 10 to 15 knots decreasing to about 10 knots during the evening.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am EST Sunday.