Forecast issued at 10:03 pm EST on Friday 29 July 2016.
A high pressure system over southern New South Wales will gradually drift eastwards over the weekend. A weak cold front will pass to the south of Victoria today and another weak cold front will approach on Saturday before crossing southern Victoria Saturday night. A stronger cold front and associated upper trough will approach from the west Monday morning and will enter the western half of Victoria later in the day, crossing the remainder of the State by Tuesday morning.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- Westerly 10 to 15 knots tending northwesterly during the evening.
- Below 1 metre.
- Cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Saturday 30 July
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Port Phillip
- Northwesterly about 10 knots tending northerly 10 to 15 knots in the morning then increasing to 15 to 20 knots around midday. Northerly winds further increasing to 20 to 30 knots during the evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres in the south by early evening.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers in the evening.
Sunday 31 July
- North to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots easing to 10 to 15 knots during the morning. Winds tending northerly 15 to 25 knots during the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the morning, then increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- 40% chance of showers in the early morning. Mostly sunny day.
Monday 1 August
- Northerly 15 to 25 knots turning westerly 15 to 20 knots during the afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Tuesday 2 August
- Southwesterly 20 to 30 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres in the north.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of showers, with possible hail in the morning and afternoon.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 5:10 am EST Saturday.