Forecast issued at 5:13 am EST on Friday 31 July 2015.
A cold front moved through eastern waters overnight. Another cold front will approach far western Bass Strait tonight before sweeping across Bass Strait during Saturday. The next front looks set to follow Sunday night into Monday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning northerly in the late morning. Winds reaching up to 20 knots in the south in the evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres in the south later in the evening.
- Mostly sunny.
Saturday 1 August
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Port Phillip
- Northerly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots early in the morning. Winds tending northwesterly early in the morning then tending west to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots later morning.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 metre around midday.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Sunday 2 August
- Northwesterly 15 to 25 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy.
Monday 3 August
- West to northwesterly 20 to 25 knots turning southwesterly 15 to 25 knots during the morning then tending westerly 10 to 15 knots during the evening.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the evening.
- Cloudy. 60% chance of showers, with possible hail in the morning and afternoon.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:40 pm EST Friday.