Forecast issued at 5:53 am EST on Sunday 2 August 2015.
A cold front embedded in a westerly airflow will cross Tasmania and Bass Strait during today but a stronger cold front will follow across Bass Strait early on Monday. Yet another front will cross Bass Strait on Wednesday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Western Port
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots increasing to 20 to 30 knots around the middle of the day before tending west to northwesterly at 20 to 25 knots during the afternoon. Northwesterly wind increasing to 20 to 30 knots tonight.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres west of Sandy Point during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers during this afternoon and evening.
Monday 3 August
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Western Port
- Northwesterly wind 20 to 30 knots tending southwesterly during the morning before easing to 15 to 25 knots during the afternoon. Wind tending westerly during the evening at 10 to 15 knots.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy. 90% chance of showers, with possible hail in the morning and afternoon.
Tuesday 4 August
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres west of Sandy Point.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Wednesday 5 August
- Northwesterly 15 to 25 knots shifting south to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots during the morning.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 2 to 3 metres west of Sandy Point.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Possible hail in the afternoon and evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:40 pm EST Sunday.