Forecast issued at 4:01 am WST on Saturday 26 July 2014.
A strong cold front will cross the south of the State during Saturday. A weak front will follow in its wake on Sunday.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Albany Coast
- Northwesterly 20 to 30 knots turning westerly in the morning.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- West to southwesterly 4 to 6 metres, decreasing to 3 to 4 metres during the afternoon.
- Gusty winds this morning. Isolated thunderstorms in the morning and early afternoon, possibly severe with damaging winds.
Sunday 27 July
Gale Warning for Sunday for Albany Coast
- Westerly 25 to 30 knots, reaching up to 35 knots offshore west of Albany early in the morning.
- 2.5 to 4 metres, decreasing to 3 metres during the morning.
- West to southwesterly 3 to 5 metres.
Monday 28 July
- Westerly 25 to 30 knots.
- 2.5 to 3 metres.
- Southwesterly 4 to 5 metres.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Saturday.