No warnings for Western Australia
Forecast issued at 4:02 pm WST on Sunday 5 July 2015.
A broad ridge of high pressure lies over southern and central parts of the state. A cold front will approach from the southwest on Tuesday, moving across the south coast throughout Tuesday and Wednesday. Another ridge will develop across the south of the state in its wake.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Westerly 10 to 15 knots.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers offshore, 20% chance elsewhere.
Monday 6 July
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending north to northwesterly in the afternoon. Winds reaching up to 20 knots offshore in the late evening.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers offshore, 30% chance elsewhere.
Tuesday 7 July
- Northwesterly 15 to 25 knots ahead of a southwesterly 20 to 30 knot change extending from the west from mid morning. Winds then tending southerly 20 to 30 knots in the late afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 2 to 4 metres around midday.
- Cloudy. 95% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the late afternoon and evening. Possible hail in the late afternoon and evening.
Wednesday 8 July
- Southerly 20 to 30 knots decreasing to 15 to 20 knots during the afternoon then turning west to southwesterly below 10 knots during the evening.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing below 2 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning. Possible hail in the morning.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Monday.