Forecast issued at 4:00 am WST on Friday 4 September 2015.
A high pressure system is moving east over southern Bight waters. A cold front will reach the southwest of the State Friday afternoon, weakening as it moves east during the evening and early on Saturday. Another weaker cold front will cross the southwest Capes during Saturday morning and move east along the south coast. A ridge of high pressure will then develop over southern districts during Sunday and Monday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Albany Coast
- North to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots turning northwesterly 15 to 25 knots in the late morning. Winds reaching up to 30 knots in the evening.
- 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres offshore west of Albany around midday.
- Southwesterly 2 to 2.5 metres.
- Sunny morning. 80% chance of showers during this afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm during this afternoon and evening.
Saturday 5 September
Gale Warning for Saturday for Albany Coast
- Westerly 25 to 30 knots, reaching up to 35 knots in the morning. Winds turning southwesterly 20 to 30 knots in the morning then decreasing to 15 to 20 knots in the evening.
- 2 to 4 metres, decreasing below 3 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 1 to 2 metres, tending westerly 2 to 4 metres during the morning, then tending southwesterly 3 to 5 metres around midday.
- Partly cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Possible hail in the morning and afternoon.
Sunday 6 September
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 4 to 5 metres.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Friday.