Forecast issued at 4:01 am WST on Saturday 25 October 2014.
A weak cold front will reach the southwest of the state Saturday afternoon, with a new weak ridge of high pressure developing in its wake. A trough will deepen near the west coast during Tuesday and Wednesday.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Albany Coast
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning westerly 15 to 25 knots in the morning. Winds reaching up to 30 knots during the afternoon and evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Sunday 26 October
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Albany Coast
- Westerly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots early in the morning. Winds turning southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the morning.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 2 to 4 metres.
- Cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Monday 27 October
- West to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending south to southwesterly below 10 knots during the evening.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres offshore west of Albany.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Saturday.