Forecast issued at 4:00 pm WST on Monday 27 June 2016.
A low pressure system is expected to develop southwest of the State during Monday evening, with an associated cold front to reach the South West Capes early Tuesday morning. The front will weaken during Tuesday as it moves across southern parts. A new high pressure ridge will extend from the west across the southern half of the State during Wednesday and Thursday. A second weak cold front will also brushes the south coast on Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Albany Coast
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore west of Albany.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 2 to 2.5 metres offshore.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower offshore, near zero chance elsewhere.
Tuesday 28 June
Strong Wind Warning for Tuesday for Albany Coast
- Northwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots west of Albany during the morning and extending throughout in the during the afternoon. Winds easing to westerly 15 to 25 knots in the evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a squally thunderstorm in the morning.
Wednesday 29 June
- West to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots increasing to 20 to 30 knots in offshore waters in the afternoon and early evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 4 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning.
Thursday 30 June
- Westerly 15 to 25 knots.
- 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 3 to 5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Tuesday.