Forecast issued at 4:00 pm WST on Tuesday 6 December 2016.
A weak cold front approaches from the southwest on Tuesday, moving through the southwestern parts late Tuesday and early Wednesday. A new ridge develops over southern parts of the State during Wednesday with a surface trough developing near the west coast on Thursday.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Wednesday 7 December
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Bunbury Geographe Coast
- Southwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning southerly 20 to 25 knots in the afternoon. Winds reaching up to 30 knots offshore in the late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres, increasing to 3 to 5 metres around midday.
- 50% chance of showers in the morning. Mostly sunny afternoon.
Thursday 8 December
- East to southeasterly 15 to 25 knots turning south to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the middle of the day then tending south to southeasterly in the late evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- Southwesterly 3 to 5 metres, decreasing to 2 to 3 metres around midday.
Friday 9 December
- East to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots turning southerly during the morning then tending southeasterly during the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres during the evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Wednesday.