Forecast issued at 4:08 pm WST on Friday 28 November 2014.
A trough lies through central parts of the State connecting to a low pressure system to the south of Esperance. The trough will continue to move eastwards on Saturday to far eastern parts of the State. A weak ridge of high pressure will develop south of the state on Sunday, with a broad surface trough developing over western parts of the State during the day, deepening further on Monday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots west of Esperance in the evening. Winds tending easterly 10 to 15 knots east of Esperance until early evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres west of Esperance.
- 1st Swell
- Southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres west of Esperance.
- 2nd Swell
- Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm early this evening.
Saturday 29 November
- Southwesterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots east of Esperance during the afternoon and evening.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- 1st Swell
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- 2nd Swell
- Easterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres east of Esperance.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Sunday 30 November
- South to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots, easing to 10 to 15 knots early morning. Winds turning east to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots in the afternoon and evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres around midday, then increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres by early evening.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Monday 1 December
- Easterly 10 to 15 knots, increasing to 20 to 30 knots in the afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Saturday.