Forecast issued at 4:00 am WST on Saturday 22 October 2016.
On Saturday a high pressure system will lie south of the Bight, and the surface trough will deepen near the west coast. The surface trough will move inland from the west coast on Sunday ahead of a weak cold front that will brush the southwest during Monday. A second weak front passes near the southwest Capes on Tuesday.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- East to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending north to northeasterly early in the morning then tending east to northeasterly 15 to 25 knots in the middle of the day.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 2 metres during the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy.
Sunday 23 October
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Esperance Coast
- Northeasterly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots east of Esperance in the evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres by early evening.
Monday 24 October
- Northwest to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots becoming southwesterly 15 to 20 knots during the morning then turning southerly 10 to 15 knots during the evening.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Saturday.