Forecast issued at 4:00 am WST on Thursday 30 June 2016.
A ridge of high pressure lies over the south of the State and will remain near stationary for the next few days. A trough developing near the west coast from Friday. A front will reach the south coast on Sunday.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots east of Esperance early in the morning.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 metre around midday.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers.
Friday 1 July
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots in the evening.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres, decreasing to 3 metres during the morning.
- 40% chance of showers in the morning. Mostly sunny afternoon.
Saturday 2 July
- North to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning westerly during the afternoon.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Mostly sunny. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Thursday.