Forecast issued at 4:09 pm WST on Friday 24 October 2014.
A weak high pressure system lies in the Bight. A weak cold front will reach the southwest of the state Saturday afternoon, with a new weak ridge of high pressure developing in its wake. A trough will deepen near the west coast during Tuesday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- Southeast to northeasterly about 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots in the evening.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 2 metres.
- Partly cloudy.
Saturday 25 October
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Esperance Coast
- Northwest to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots shifting west to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots from the west by early afternoon. Winds reaching up to 30 knots west of Hopetoun in the late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning, then increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres.
Sunday 26 October
- West to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- Southwesterly 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Monday 27 October
- West to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending south to southwesterly below 10 knots during the afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Saturday.