Forecast issued at 4:03 pm WST on Tuesday 3 May 2016.
A ridge of high pressure lies across the southern parts of the state. A weak cold front brushes the southwest Thursday ahead of a stronger front expected to cross the southwest Friday into Saturday.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
- Westerly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots west of Hopetoun in the late evening.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 6 to 7 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower east of Esperance, near zero chance elsewhere.
Wednesday 4 May
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Esperance Coast
- Westerly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots west of Hopetoun during the afternoon and evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 4 to 6 metres, decreasing to 4 metres during the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Thursday 5 May
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots turning southerly 10 to 15 knots in the late morning and afternoon.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Southwesterly 4 to 5 metres.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Friday 6 May
- North to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots tending west to northwesterly during the afternoon.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres west of Esperance during the morning.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Wednesday.