Forecast issued at 10:00 am WST on Sunday 30 August 2015.
A cold front moving over eastern parts of the State as a high pressure ridge develops in the wake of the front. Another cold front reaches the South West of the State.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots west of Hopetoun in the late morning. Winds turning southwesterly in the middle of the day.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing below 1.5 metres by early evening.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower in the morning and early afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning. Possible hail west of Hopetoun in the morning.
Monday 31 August
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Esperance Coast
- Variable about 10 knots becoming northwesterly 15 to 25 knots early in the morning then turning west to southwesterly in the afternoon. Winds reaching up to 30 knots during the afternoon and evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning, then increasing to 2 to 3 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 95% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Possible hail west of Esperance in the afternoon and evening.
Tuesday 1 September
- Southwesterly 20 to 30 knots turning southerly during the morning.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Possible hail in the morning and afternoon.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Sunday.