Forecast issued at 4:01 pm WST on Monday 20 October 2014.
A low pressure system to the south of the State is weakening and moving southeast. A surface trough will develop near the west coast during Tuesday, with a low developing near the southwest corner of the state on Wednesday and the trough deepening. The low and trough move east during Thursday.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- Northwest to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots west of Esperance in the evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres west of Esperance.
- 1st Swell
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres.
- 2nd Swell
- East to southeasterly 1.5 to 2 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm east of Esperance early this evening.
Tuesday 21 October
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots west of Esperance early in the morning. Winds shifting east to southeasterly in the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- 1st Swell
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- 2nd Swell
- East to southeasterly 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres during the morning, then tending southeasterly 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Wednesday 22 October
- Easterly about 10 knots increasing to 15 to 25 knots before dawn then tending east to northeasterly 25 to 30 knots in the late afternoon.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 2 to 2.5 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers west of Hopetoun, 30% chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Thursday 23 October
- Northeasterly 20 to 30 knots shifting southwesterly during the day.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Tuesday.