Forecast issued at 10:08 am WST on Tuesday 27 September 2016.
A moderate cold front will move over the southwest parts of the State during Tuesday, and a ridge of high pressure will develop in its wake on Wednesday and Thursday. Another cold front will move over the southwest of the State during Friday.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Tuesday for Esperance Coast
- Northwesterly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots during the afternoon and evening. Turning southwesterly in the late afternoon.
- 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 4 metres by early evening.
- Cloudy. 95% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Possible hail west of Esperance in the evening.
Wednesday 28 September
Gale Warning for Wednesday for Esperance Coast
- Southwesterly 20 to 30 knots, reaching up to 40 knots during the day. Turning southerly in the evening.
- 2 to 4 metres.
- Southwesterly 3 to 5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning. Possible hail in the morning and afternoon.
- Dangerous surf conditions hazardous for coastal activities such as swimming, surfing and rock fishing.
Thursday 29 September
- Southerly 15 to 25 knots becoming variable about 10 knots during the morning then becoming east to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots during the afternoon.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2.5 to 3 metres during the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Tuesday.