Forecast issued at 4:00 am WST on Wednesday 14 October 2015.
A cold front will move over southwestern parts of the State early Wednesday morning, with a weak ridge forming from Perth to Esperance Thursday and Friday.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Esperance Coast
- Northwest to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending southeast to southwesterly in the late afternoon then tending northwest to southwesterly in the evening. Winds reaching up to 30 knots west of Hopetoun in the late evening.
- Around 1 metre, decreasing below 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres around midday.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers west of Esperance, near zero chance elsewhere.
Thursday 15 October
Strong Wind Warning for Thursday for Esperance Coast
- Westerly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots in the morning. Winds tending southwesterly early in the morning then becoming variable about 10 knots in the late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning, then decreasing to 0.5 metres by early evening.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 4 metres during the morning, then decreasing to 2.5 to 3 metres during the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers in the morning.
Friday 16 October
- Northwest to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots during the morning then becoming northeast to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the day.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres west of Esperance during the morning.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
- Mostly sunny.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Wednesday.