Forecast issued at 10:00 pm WST on Friday 29 July 2016.
A high pressure system gradually contracts eastwards as a cold front approaches from the west this evening. A second, stronger cold front moves through southern parts late Saturday and during Sunday before a new ridge of high pressure develops over southern WA on Monday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Esperance Coast
- Northwesterly 25 to 30 knots.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres east of Hopetoun.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower east of Esperance.
Saturday 30 July
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Esperance Coast
- Westerly 25 to 30 knots turning northwesterly 20 to 30 knots during the day.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the morning, then increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 2 to 4 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers in the morning.
Sunday 31 July
- Northwesterly 20 to 30 knots turning west to southwesterly 25 to 35 knots early in the morning.
- 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 4 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 3 to 5 metres, increasing to 4 to 7 metres during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 95% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Possible hail.
Monday 1 August
- Southwesterly 20 to 30 knots becoming variable about 10 knots during the afternoon then becoming north to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the evening.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Southwesterly 4 to 7 metres, decreasing to 4 to 5 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning. Possible hail in the morning.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Saturday.