Forecast issued at 4:00 pm WST on Monday 30 November 2015.
A ridge lies to the south of the State and will strengthen over the coming days. Fresh to strong easterly winds will develop over the central parts in the mornings. A surface trough will deepen near the west coast on Wednesday, before moving inland on Thursday.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Gascoyne Coast
- Southerly 25 to 30 knots.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres.
Tuesday 1 December
Strong Wind Warning for Tuesday for Gascoyne Coast
- Southerly 20 to 30 knots tending south to southeasterly 15 to 25 knots early in the morning then becoming southerly 20 to 30 knots in the early afternoon.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning, then increasing to 2 to 3 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
Wednesday 2 December
- South to southeasterly 20 to 30 knots tending east to southeasterly 15 to 25 knots before dawn then tending southeast to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the middle of the day.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- 1st Swell
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, tending southerly 1.5 to 2.5 metres around midday.
- 2nd Swell
- Northeast to southeasterly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore south of Denham during the morning.
- Mostly sunny. The chance of a thunderstorm south of Denham in the morning and afternoon.
Thursday 3 December
- South to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots becoming variable about 10 knots during the morning then becoming south to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots during the day.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres offshore.
- Southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Tuesday.