Forecast issued at 10:00 am WST on Friday 30 September 2016.
A high pressure system is moving into the Bight. A weak front moves over southwestern parts during today, with a trough rapidly deepening through central parts of the State before moving eastwards. A stronger cold front moves through southern parts on Saturday. A high pressure ridge will develop over central parts of the State on Sunday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- South to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres north of Denham during the afternoon.
- South to southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower offshore south of Denham in the late afternoon and evening.
Saturday 1 October
- Southwesterly 15 to 25 knots turning southerly 20 to 25 knots in the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 5 metres around midday.
- Cloudy. 60% chance of showers during the day.
Sunday 2 October
- Southerly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres inshore.
- Southwesterly 3 to 5 metres.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Friday.