Forecast issued at 4:02 pm WST on Wednesday 30 July 2014.
A ridge of high pressure lies through central parts of the State with a front expected to brush the south coast on Wednesday and another on Saturday.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning southerly in the evening.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 3 metres.
Thursday 31 July
- Southerly 10 to 15 knots turning east to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots early in the morning.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
- Southwesterly 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 5 metres around dawn.
Friday 1 August
- Northeast to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots becoming northeasterly 10 to 15 knots in the middle of the day then shifting southerly in the early afternoon.
- 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing below 1 metre around midday.
- Southwesterly 3 to 5 metres.
Saturday 2 August
- Southerly 15 to 20 knots turning southeasterly during the day.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the evening.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2 to 3 metres.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Thursday.