Forecast issued at 4:00 am WST on Friday 29 August 2014.
A slow moving cold front will continue to cross the southwest of the state during Friday. A second weaker front will follow early Sunday morning.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots offshore south of Geraldton during the day.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 2 to 2.5 metres, tending westerly 2 to 2.5 metres around midday.
- Isolated thunderstorms south of Geraldton from the late morning. Gusty winds south of Geraldton from the late morning.
Saturday 30 August
- Westerly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots offshore south of Geraldton early in the morning. Winds turning south to southwesterly from the south from late morning.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- West to southwesterly 2 to 2.5 metres.
Sunday 31 August
- South to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending south to southeasterly during the day.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore north of Geraldton.
- Southwesterly 2 to 2.5 metres.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Friday.