Forecast issued at 4:04 pm WST on Thursday 5 March 2015.
A ridge of high pressure to the south of the State will persist throughout the forecast period, gradually strengthening during Friday and the weekend. A very weak cold front will brush the south coast late Saturday evening, extending through the South East coast during Sunday morning.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- Winds north of Margaret River tending south to southwesterly around 15 knots, shifting east to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots during the evening. Winds south of Margaret River tending 15 to 20 knots south to southeasterly.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres east of Cape Leeuwin.
- Southwesterly 2 metres.
Friday 6 March
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Leeuwin Coast
- East to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore north of Cape Leeuwin in the late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 2 to 2.5 metres.
- Mostly sunny.
Saturday 7 March
- Southeasterly 15 to 25 knots increasing to 20 to 30 knots before dawn then tending south to southeasterly 15 to 25 knots before dawn.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- Partly cloudy.
Sunday 8 March
- Southerly 15 to 20 knots turning southeasterly during the day.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Friday.