Forecast issued at 10:00 pm WST on Sunday 8 December 2013.
A trough lying through central parts will continue moving east as a ridge of high pressure develops over southern parts of the state in the wake of the trough. Another trough will develop down the west coast Tuesday to Thursday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Southerly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots north of Cape Leeuwin in the late evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore north of Cape Leeuwin.
- Southwesterly 2.5 metres.
Monday 9 December
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Leeuwin Coast
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore north of Cape Leeuwin during the afternoon and evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
Tuesday 10 December
- Southeasterly 15 to 25 knots.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing below 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres around midday.
- Southerly 2 to 3 metres.
Wednesday 11 December
- Southeasterly 20 to 30 knots.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Monday.