Forecast issued at 4:01 pm WST on Saturday 25 October 2014.
A weak cold front will decay on the south coast as a strong ridge of high pressure develops in its wake.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Leeuwin Coast
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore east of Cape Leeuwin in the late evening.
- 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres east of Cape Leeuwin.
- West to southwesterly 2.5 metres.
- Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Sunday 26 October
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Leeuwin Coast
- West to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots east of Cape Leeuwin early in the morning. Winds easing to 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing to 1 metre around midday.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres offshore.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers in the morning.
Monday 27 October
- South to southwesterly about 10 knots, tending south to southeasterly during the evening.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 4 metres offshore.
- Cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Tuesday 28 October
- East to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots during the day.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Sunday.