Leeuwin Coastal Waters Forecast: Cape Naturaliste to Walpole

View the current warnings for Western Australia

Forecast issued at 4:01 am WST on Wednesday 22 October 2014.

Weather Situation

A surface trough is deepening near the west coast, with a low developing near the southwest corner of the state. The low and trough move east during Thursday.

Forecast for Wednesday until midnight

Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Leeuwin Coast

Winds
Easterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore east of Cape Leeuwin in the early afternoon. Winds tending northwest to southwesterly in the late evening.
Seas
1 to 2 metres.
Swell
Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres.
Weather
Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers east of Cape Leeuwin, 30% chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm during this afternoon and evening.

Thursday 23 October

Strong Wind Warning for Thursday for Leeuwin Coast

Winds
West to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore east of Cape Leeuwin in the morning. Winds turning south to southeasterly below 10 knots in the evening.
Seas
1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday.
Swell
Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres.
Weather
Partly cloudy. 80% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm east of Cape Leeuwin in the early morning.

Friday 24 October

Winds
South to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots during the morning then becoming northeast to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon.
Seas
Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres inshore during the afternoon or evening.
Swell
Southwesterly 2 to 2.5 metres.
Weather
Cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.

Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.

Nearby Coastal Waters

NT - Beagle Bonaparte Gulf Coastal Waters Forecast WA - North Kimberley - Coastal Waters Forecast WA - West Kimberley - Coastal Waters Forecast WA - Pilbara Coast East - Coastal Waters Forecast WA - Pilbara Coast West - Coastal Waters Forecast WA - Ningaloo Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast WA - Gascoyne Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast WA - Geraldton Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast WA - Lancelin Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast WA - Melville Local Waters Forecast WA - Perth Local Waters Forecast WA - Perth Coast- Coastal Waters Forecast WA - Bunbury Geographe Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast SA - Far West Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast WA - Leeuwin Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast WA - Albany Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast WA - Esperance Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast WA - Eucla Coast - Coastal Waters Forecast

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Wednesday.

Product IDW11300