Forecast issued at 10:00 am WST on Sunday 26 June 2016.
A cold front will move across the Bight this morning. A high pressure system will move eastwards across the south of the State today and on Monday with a cold front moving over the southwest on Tuesday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Leeuwin Coast
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots turning northwesterly in the afternoon. Reaching up to 30 knots east of Cape Leeuwin in the evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 4 to 5 metres.
- Cloudy. 60% chance of showers.
Monday 27 June
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Leeuwin Coast
- Northwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots south of Cape Leeuwin. Winds 20 to 30 knots throughout in the evening.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- Southwesterly 3 to 4 metres.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm offshore east of Cape Leeuwin in the evening.
Tuesday 28 June
- Northwesterly 20 to 30 knots turning southwesterly 15 to 20 knots during the morning.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 2 to 2.5 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 4 metres offshore.
- Cloudy. 95% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Sunday.