Forecast updated at 7:49 pm WST on Sunday 21 September 2014.
A strong cold front will continue to move across southern parts of the state today and Monday. A ridge of high pressure will develop across the south of the state in its wake.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Leeuwin Coast
- Southerly 20 to 30 knots.
- 2 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 4 metres.
- Isolated heavy showers and the chance of thunderstorms. Possible hail offshore, extending throughout in the evening.
Monday 22 September
- Southerly 15 to 25 knots turning southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the middle of the day.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- West to southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres offshore.
- The chance of thunderstorms inshore in the early morning. Possible hail inshore in the early morning.
Tuesday 23 September
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots turning westerly in the morning.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres.
Wednesday 24 September
- West to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres during the afternoon.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Monday.