Forecast issued at 4:01 pm WST on Thursday 20 June 2013.
A slow moving low pressure system remains to the southeast of the state with a ridge developing in its wake. A cold front approaches from the west during Saturday and Sunday.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- East to northeasterly about 10 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres.
Friday 21 June
Strong wind warning for Friday for Leeuwin Coast
- Northeasterly 10 to 15 knots turning northerly 20 to 30 knots during the day.
- Up to 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres by early evening.
Saturday 22 June
- North to northwesterly 20 to 30 knots decreasing to 15 to 25 knots in the middle of the day then tending west to northwesterly in the early afternoon.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing below 2 metres around midday, then decreasing below 1 metre by early evening.
- Southwesterly 1.5 metres, tending westerly 2 to 3 metres.
- Scattered thunderstorms in the morning and early afternoon.
Sunday 23 June
- North to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots increasing to 20 to 30 knots during the morning then tending west to northwesterly 25 to 30 knots during the afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- West to southwesterly 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 5 metres.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Friday.