Forecast issued at 4:01 pm WST on Friday 1 August 2014.
A weak cold front will affect southern parts on Saturday, with a new ridge of high pressure developing in its wake. The ridge will strengthen as a high cell moves across the south, dominating conditions into early next week.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Southerly 4 metres.
Saturday 2 August
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Leeuwin Coast
- West to northwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots east of Cape Leeuwin in the morning. Winds turning south to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots in the morning decreasing to 10 to 15 knots in the middle of the day.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre around midday.
- Southerly 3 metres, tending southwesterly 2 to 3 metres before dawn.
Sunday 3 August
- Variable about 10 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres before dawn.
Monday 4 August
- Easterly 10 to 15 knots turning northerly during the morning.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 4 metres.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Saturday.