Forecast issued at 4:01 pm WST on Tuesday 28 April 2015.
A high pressure cell in the Bight will move slowly eastwards over the next few days. A trough will develop off the west coast on Wednesday ahead of a cold front which will move across the southwest of the State late on Thursday. A ridge of high pressure will move in from the west during Friday in the wake of the cold front.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
- Northerly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots offshore in the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- Southwesterly around 1 metre.
Wednesday 29 April
- North to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore in the afternoon. Winds shifting southwesterly below 10 knots in the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning, then decreasing to 1 metre by early evening.
- Southwesterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Thursday 30 April
- Variable about 10 knots becoming west to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots in the middle of the day then becoming southwesterly 20 to 30 knots in the evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon.
Friday 1 May
- South to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots tending south to southeasterly below 10 knots during the day.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 3 to 5 metres, decreasing to 3 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Wednesday.