Forecast issued at 10:00 pm WST on Sunday 25 September 2016.
A ridge strengthens over the southern parts of the State. A weak cold front approaches the southwestern corner of the State, moving through the southern parts later Monday. A second, stronger cold front moves through Tuesday afternoon with a ridge developing in its wake on Wednesday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore east of Cape Leeuwin.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 2 to 2.5 metres offshore east of Cape Leeuwin.
- Southwesterly 3 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower offshore east of Cape Leeuwin, near zero chance elsewhere.
Monday 26 September
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Leeuwin Coast
- Westerly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots during the morning and early afternoon. Decreasing to 10 to 15 knots in the late evening.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres offshore.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers.
Tuesday 27 September
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots tending southwesterly 15 to 25 knots in the morning then increasing to 25 to 30 knots in the early afternoon.
- 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 4 metres.
- Cloudy. 95% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Possible hail in the afternoon and evening.
Wednesday 28 September
- Southerly 20 to 30 knots decreasing to 15 to 20 knots during the morning then becoming variable about 10 knots during the afternoon.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 3 to 5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Monday.