Forecast issued at 4:01 am WST on Sunday 29 March 2015.
A ridge of high pressure will lie to the south over the weekend. On Sunday afternoon a trough will begin to develop down the coast, deepening on Monday then moving east on Tuesday. A ridge of high pressure will develop to the south of the state from late Tuesday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- Southeasterly below 10 knots becoming south to southwesterly in the morning.
Monday 30 March
- Southerly below 10 knots becoming east to southeasterly early in the morning then becoming southwesterly 10 to 15 knots in the middle of the day tending southerly around 5 knots in the late evening.
- Partly cloudy. The chance of a thunderstorm in the evening.
Tuesday 31 March
- South to southeasterly below 10 knots tending southwesterly 15 to 20 knots late morning then becoming southerly around 10 knots during the evening.
- Cloudy. 60% chance of showers.
Wednesday 1 April
- South to southeasterly about 10 knots tending easterly around 10 knots late morning before shifting southwesterly 10 to 15 knots for a period in the afternoon and early evening.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Sunday.