Forecast issued at 4:01 am WST on Thursday 28 August 2014.
A ridge of high pressure across central parts of the State will weaken as a cold front extends from the southwest from Thursday evening. The front is expected to affect Perth from late on Thursday evening and into Friday.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- North to northeasterly about 10 knots becoming northwesterly in the middle of the day.
Friday 29 August
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots tending westerly 10 to 15 knots in the morning.
- Isolated thunderstorms in the morning and early afternoon.
Saturday 30 August
- Southwesterly about 10 knots.
Sunday 31 August
- Southerly below 10 knots becoming east to southeasterly during the morning then becoming south to southwesterly during the day.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Thursday.