Forecast issued at 4:00 pm WST on Tuesday 17 January 2017.
A ridge of high pressure lies over the south of the State as a trough develops down the west coast. The trough deepens on Wednesday before moving east on Thursday as another ridge of high pressure develops in the wake of the trough on Friday.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
- South to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning east to southeasterly in the late evening.
Wednesday 18 January
- East to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots becoming south to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the late afternoon.
- Becoming cloudy.
Thursday 19 January
- South to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots tending southwesterly.
- Partly cloudy.
Friday 20 January
- South to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming southwesterly 15 to 20 knots the afternoon.
Saturday 21 January
- Variable about 10 knots becoming southwesterly 15 to 20 knots during the day then tending southerly 10 to 15 knots during the evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Wednesday.