Forecast issued at 4:00 am WST on Friday 25 April 2014.
A ridge of high pressure lies to the south of the state with a high expected to move into the Bight by Saturday morning. A low will develop off the west coast during Saturday and contract to the south of the state Sunday morning. A cold front will affect the southwest of the state during Sunday afternoon and evening. A ridge will develop near the south coast during Monday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- South to southeasterly below 10 knots becoming easterly in the middle of the day.
Saturday 26 April
- Easterly about 10 knots becoming north to northeasterly in the middle of the day then becoming west to northwesterly in the early afternoon.
- Isolated thunderstorms during the afternoon and evening.
Sunday 27 April
- Northwest to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending southwesterly during the evening.
Monday 28 April
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending southerly during the morning then becoming southeasterly about 10 knots during the evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Friday.