Forecast issued at 4:20 pm WST on Friday 6 December 2013.
A trough inland of the coast will continue moving east Friday evening and into Saturday. A ridge of high pressure will develop over southern parts of the state in the wake of the trough Saturday. Another trough will develop down the west coast on Monday.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots easing to 5 to 10 knots in the evening.
Saturday 7 December
- Southeast to southwesterly below 10 knots becoming southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the middle of the day then turning south to southeasterly below 10 knots late evening.
Sunday 8 December
- South to southeasterly about 10 knots shifting southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the early afternoon then tending southerly 10 to 15 knots in the evening.
Monday 9 December
- South to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending south to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots during the morning then tending south to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the evening.
Tuesday 10 December
- East to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots turning southerly during the day then tending southeasterly during the evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Saturday.