Forecast issued at 4:01 pm WST on Monday 6 July 2015.
A broad ridge of high pressure lies to the north. A cold front will move across the region during Tuesday afternoon with a vigorous southerly flow developing during the evening and persisting into Wednesday as a new ridge develops rapidly in its wake. Another cold front will move through the region on Friday.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- North to northwesterly below 10 knots turning west to southwesterly in the evening.
- Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Tuesday 7 July
- Northeasterly below 10 knots becoming northwesterly late morning before shifting west to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots in the middle of the day. Winds tending south to southwesterly in the evening.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon.
Wednesday 8 July
- Southerly 10 to 15 knots tending southeasterly around 10 knots in the evening.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers in the morning.
Thursday 9 July
- East to southeasterly below 10 knots becoming northeasterly during the morning then becoming west to northwesterly during the day.
- Mostly sunny.
Friday 10 July
- Northwesterly below 10 knots becoming north to northeasterly during the morning then becoming southeasterly during the day.
- Cloudy. 60% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Tuesday.