Forecast issued at 4:00 pm WST on Wednesday 1 October 2014.
A deep surface trough will move inland during Thursday with a ridge of high pressure developing in its wake.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- East to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming north to northeasterly below 10 knots in the late evening.
Thursday 2 October
- Northeast to northwesterly about 10 knots becoming southwesterly 10 to 15 knots in the early afternoon then decreasing to below 10 knots in the late evening.
Friday 3 October
- South to southwesterly below 10 knots becoming westerly in the middle of the day.
Saturday 4 October
- West to northwesterly below 10 knots becoming northeasterly during the evening.
Sunday 5 October
- Northeast to northwesterly about 10 knots becoming westerly 15 to 25 knots during the morning then tending southwesterly 20 to 30 knots during the afternoon.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Thursday.