Forecast issued at 4:00 pm WST on Tuesday 22 July 2014.
A ridge of high pressure is developing to the north of Perth. A front will approach on Friday crossing over the region Saturday morning, with winds increasing from Friday afternoon.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
- South to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots easing to south to southeasterly below 10 knots in the late evening.
Wednesday 23 July
- East to southeasterly below 10 knots becoming north to northeasterly during the morning then becoming west to southwesterly in the early afternoon.
Thursday 24 July
- West to southwesterly about 10 knots becoming variable in the middle of the day, tending west to northwesterly below 10 knots in the evening.
Friday 25 July
- North to northwesterly about 10 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots during the morning.
Saturday 26 July
- Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots turning southwesterly about 10 knots during the morning.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Wednesday.