Forecast issued at 10:00 pm WST on Monday 26 September 2016.
A ridge lies to the north of Perth. A moderate cold front moves through Tuesday afternoon, with a ridge developing to the south on Wednesday. Another cold front will move over the southwest of the state during Friday.
Forecast for Monday until midnight
- Westerly about 10 knots.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Tuesday 27 September
Strong Wind Warning for Tuesday for Melville Waters
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots by late morning. Winds becoming southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the afternoon, and increasing to 20 to 30 knots in the evening.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers, with possible hail in the evening. A thunderstorm likely in the afternoon.
Wednesday 28 September
- Southeasterly 10 to 15 knots tending southwesterly during the day then becoming southeasterly about 10 knots in the evening.
- Partly cloudy.
Thursday 29 September
- East to northeasterly below 10 knots becoming west to southwesterly during the afternoon then becoming southerly during the evening.
Friday 30 September
- Variable about 10 knots becoming west to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots during the morning.
- Cloudy. 80% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Tuesday.