Forecast issued at 10:01 am WST on Saturday 1 August 2015.
A trough near the Central West coast and will track eastwards during Saturday morning, as a ridge of high pressure develops over the southwest of the State. The ridge will continue to build over southern waters on Sunday and Monday.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- Southerly about 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots in the early afternoon.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 2 to 2.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy.
Sunday 2 August
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Ningaloo Coast
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore south of Coral Bay in the late evening.
- 1 to 2 metres.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
Monday 3 August
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots turning northeasterly during the morning.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the afternoon or evening.
- South to southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres offshore.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Saturday.