Forecast issued at 10:00 pm WST on Thursday 23 March 2017.
A trough lies well inland from the west coast with a low pressure system to the south of the State. The trough will continue moving east this afternoon and will remain over central parts of the State for the remainder of the week.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Thursday for Ningaloo Coast
- Southerly 20 to 30 knots.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- South to southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 2 to 2.5 metres offshore.
Friday 24 March
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Ningaloo Coast
- Southerly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore south of Coral Bay early in the morning.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- South to southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy.
Saturday 25 March
- Southerly 15 to 20 knots turning southwesterly in the early afternoon.
- 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
- Mostly sunny.
Sunday 26 March
- Southerly 15 to 25 knots increasing to 20 to 30 knots during the afternoon.
- 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the afternoon.
- Southwesterly 2.5 metres.
- The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning. Mostly sunny afternoon.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Friday.