Forecast issued at 10:16 am WST on Sunday 29 November 2015.
A ridge of high pressure lies over the south west of the State and will strengthen over the southern half over coming days. A high pressure system will move south of the State on Tuesday and a surface trough will develop near the west coast from early Wednesday.
Forecast for Sunday until midnight
- South to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots increasing to 20 to 25 knots in the late afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore south of Coral Bay.
- Cloud clearing.
Monday 30 November
Strong Wind Warning for Monday for Ningaloo Coast
- Southerly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots during the afternoon and evening.
- 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres around midday.
- South to southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the morning, then tending southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres around midday.
- Partly cloudy.
Tuesday 1 December
- South to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Mostly sunny.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Sunday.