Forecast issued at 4:00 am WST on Saturday 25 June 2016.
A cold front will move through the south of the State during Saturday before a ridge of high pressure develops over the south on Sunday.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Ningaloo Coast
- Southerly 20 to 25 knots turning southeasterly in the evening, reaching up to 30 knots offshore north of Coral Bay in the late evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 2 to 2.5 metres.
- Mostly sunny.
Sunday 26 June
- Southeasterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore north of Coral Bay early in the morning.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 4 metres during the morning.
Monday 27 June
- Easterly 10 to 15 knots tending northeasterly during the morning then becoming variable about 10 knots during the day.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres offshore.
- Becoming cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Saturday.