Forecast issued at 10:04 am WST on Tuesday 30 August 2016.
A ridge of high pressure lies over southern WA. A cold front will approach the southwest on later Tuesday night and move across the southern coast on Wednesday.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
- Northwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots offshore in the late evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Cloudy. 60% chance of showers.
Wednesday 31 August
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Perth Coast
- West to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots shifting southerly 25 to 30 knots early in the morning then decreasing to 20 to 25 knots in the late evening.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
- Cloudy. Near 100% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the early morning.
Thursday 1 September
- South to southeasterly 15 to 20 knots decreasing to about 10 knots during the day.
- 1 to 2 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the morning.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 4 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Tuesday.