Forecast issued at 10:00 am WST on Thursday 28 July 2016.
A high pressure system gradually contracts eastwards as a cold front approaches from the west Friday. A second stronger cold front moves through southern parts late Saturday and during Sunday.
Forecast for Thursday until midnight
- North to northeasterly about 10 knots.
- Below 0.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 2 to 2.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy.
Friday 29 July
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Perth Coast
- North to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots, turning west to northwesterly 20 to 25 knots in the early afternoon. Winds reaching up to 30 knots during the afternoon and evening
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the morning, then increasing to 2.5 to 3 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 4 metres offshore.
- Partly cloudy. 95% chance of showers.
Saturday 30 July
- Westerly 20 to 30 knots.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- Southwesterly 3 to 5 metres.
- Cloudy. 60% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
Nearby Coastal Waters
- This forecast is also available via scheduled broadcasts on marine radio.
- Latest Coastal Observations
- Tide Predictions
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Thursday.