Forecast issued at 4:01 am WST on Saturday 26 July 2014.
A strong cold front will move across the area during Saturday morning. A weak front will follow in its wake on Sunday.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Perth Local Waters
- Northwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots in the morning. Winds turning west to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots in the middle of the day.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres around midday, then decreasing to 1 metre during the afternoon.
- Westerly 3 to 4 metres.
Sunday 27 July
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots, decreasing to 10 to 15 knots in the late afternoon.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre around midday.
- Westerly 3 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2.5 to 3 metres during the morning, then tending west to southwesterly 2.5 to 4 metres around midday.
Monday 28 July
- Westerly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots from dawn until the early afternoon.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning.
- West to southwesterly 2.5 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2.5 to 3 metres during the afternoon or evening.
Tuesday 29 July
- West to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots in the afternoon and evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- West to southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Saturday.