Forecast issued at 4:00 am WST on Saturday 1 October 2016.
A strong cold front moves through southern parts today, then a high pressure ridge will gradually develop over central parts of the State on Sunday and remains throughout the early part of next week.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
Gale Warning for Saturday for Perth Local Waters
- Westerly 30 to 40 knots turning southwesterly 30 to 35 knots in the late morning.
- 3 to 4 metres.
- West to southwesterly 2.5 to 4 metres, increasing to 4 to 6 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 90% chance of showers, with possible hail during this afternoon and evening. Squalls in excess of 65 knots possible in showers and thunderstorms south of Mandurah. Caution: Dangerous surf conditions hazardous for coastal activities such as swimming, surfing and rock fishing.
Sunday 2 October
Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Perth Local Waters
- Southwesterly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots during the morning. Turning westerly 15 to 20 knots in the evening.
- 2.5 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
- Southwesterly 4 to 6 metres, decreasing to 3 to 4 metres by early evening.
- Cloudy. 50% chance of showers in the morning and early afternoon. Possible hail along the coastal fringe in the early morning. Caution: Dangerous surf conditions hazardous for coastal activities such as swimming, surfing and rock fishing.
Monday 3 October
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Southwesterly 2.5 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- Cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Tuesday 4 October
- West to northwesterly about 10 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Saturday.