Forecast issued at 4:00 am WST on Friday 27 May 2016.
A high pressure system lies over southern parts of the State. A cold front will move through early Saturday morning and in its wake a high pressure ridge develops over southern parts.
Forecast for Friday until midnight
- Northeasterly 10 to 15 knots turning northerly in the late morning and increasing to 15 to 25 knots in the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres in the evening.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower late this evening.
Saturday 28 May
Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Perth Local Waters
- North to northwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots during the morning. Winds turning west to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots early in the morning.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
- West to southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres around midday.
- Partly cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning.
Sunday 29 May
- South to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots tending south to southeasterly below 10 knots during the morning.
- Around 1 metre.
- West to southwesterly 2.5 to 4 metres.
- Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers.
Monday 30 May
- East to southeasterly about 10 knots tending east to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the morning.
- Below 1 metre.
- West to southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Partly cloudy.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Friday.