Forecast issued at 4:00 pm WST on Saturday 23 August 2014.
A high pressure ridge across central parts of the State will weaken as frontal activity approaches the far southwest corner, expected to move over Perth Tuesday morning.
Forecast for Saturday until midnight
- West to southwesterly below 10 knots tending easterly in the evening.
- Below 0.5 metres.
- West to southwesterly 2.5 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2.5 to 3 metres by early evening.
Sunday 24 August
- Variable below 10 knots becoming northerly 10 to 15 knots early in the morning then tending northwesterly in the middle of the day.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to around 1 metre during the morning.
- West to southwesterly 2 to 3 metres.
Monday 25 August
- Northerly 15 to 20 knots turning northwesterly during the afternoon and evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Westerly 2 to 2.5 metres.
Tuesday 26 August
- Westerly 15 to 20 knots turning southerly 10 to 15 knots during the morning.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- Westerly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 4 metres during the morning.
- The chance of thunderstorms along the coastal fringe in the morning.
Wednesday 27 August
- Variable about 10 knots.
- Below 1 metre.
- West to southwesterly 2.5 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2.5 to 3 metres during the afternoon or evening.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 am WST Sunday.