Forecast issued at 4:01 am WST on Tuesday 7 July 2015.
A cold front will move across the region this afternoon with a vigorous southerly flow developing during the evening and persisting into Wednesday as a new ridge develops rapidly in its wake. A second, weaker front will move through the region on Friday.
Forecast for Tuesday until midnight
Strong Wind Warning for Tuesday for Perth Local Waters
- North to northwesterly up to 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots late in the morning, shifting southwesterly 20 to 25 knots in the late afternoon. Winds reaching up to 30 knots in the evening.
- Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the afternoon.
- West to southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the afternoon.
- Partly cloudy. Near 100% chance of showers.
Wednesday 8 July
Strong Wind Warning for Wednesday for Perth Local Waters
- South to southwesterly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots in the morning. Winds tending south to southeasterly 15 to 25 knots from midday.
- 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 2 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
- Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers in the morning.
Thursday 9 July
- East to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots during the morning then becoming west to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots during the evening.
- 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the morning.
- West to southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the afternoon or evening.
- Becoming cloudy. 20% chance of a shower in the evening.
Friday 10 July
- West to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots during the morning then becoming southeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the day.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 1.5 to 2 metres.
- Cloudy. 60% chance of showers.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Tuesday.