Forecast issued at 4:07 am WST on Wednesday 12 March 2014.
A trough deepens near the west coast on Wednesday, moving inland on Thursday. Fresh to strong sea breezes develop along the west coast over the weekend.
Forecast for Wednesday until midnight
- Easterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable about 10 knots in the morning then becoming southerly 10 to 15 knots in the early afternoon.
- Around 1 metre.
- Southwesterly 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday.
- Isolated gusty thunderstorms this afternoon and evening.
Thursday 13 March
Strong Wind Warning for Thursday for Perth Local Waters
- South to southwesterly about 10 knots increasing to 15 to 25 knots early in the morning. Winds reaching up to 30 knots in the evening.
- Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres around midday.
- Southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres by early evening.
- Isolated thunderstorms along the coastal fringe early in the morning.
Friday 14 March
- Southerly 20 to 30 knots.
- 2 to 3 metres.
- Southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.
Saturday 15 March
- Southeasterly 20 to 25 knots tending southeast to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots during the morning.
- 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
- Southwesterly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres.
Please be awareWind gusts can be 40 percent stronger than the averages given here, and maximum waves may be up to twice the height. Wind warnings are issued for today and tomorrow and describe the highest category of wind warning for that day.
The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:00 pm WST Wednesday.