Changes to Queensland forecast services
The Bureau is introducing changes to Queensland forecasts during November 2010. The changes will improve access to key information, better readability, and provide extended forecasts for key cities.
New 7-day forecasts
- Gold Coast, Ipswich and Sunshine coast forecasts increased to 7-days.
- Forecasts for Tweed Heads, and Gold Coast will now be available individually
New look District forecasts
- New layout to make it easier to read. See example forecast below.
- Forecasts for Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Toowoomba and Bundaberg have been extended to four days within their respective district forecasts
- District forecasts will now be available individually rather than grouped together.
- Forecasts will be routinely issued twice a day.
Cessation of the Qld Weather Summary (IDQ10710)
- Information has been moved to the new State forecast or can be obtained from a number of other locations.
Example of new style District forecast