South East Queensland
33.2 Groundwater access entitlement for non–allocated extractions
This line item consists of groundwater access entitlements for which no water allocation (or water liability) was recognised in the region. Two different types of these entitlements exist in the South East Queensland (SEQ) region: water licences to take groundwater in Non–Benefited Areas and authorities to continue to take groundwater authorised under the Moreton Water Resource Plan (WRP).
The volume associated with this line item could not be quantified by Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines (DNRM). Further information on each groundwater management area (GMA) is listed below:
- Groundwater in the Lockyer Valley GMA Non-Benefitted Area of Implementation Area 1 is yet to receive volumetric entitlements.
- Groundwater in the Cressbrook Creek Alluvial GMA is yet to receive volumetric entitlements.
- In the Lockyer Valley GMA, continued take of groundwater from implementation areas 2–4 is authorised under the Moreton WRP (section 72) until licences can be issued. Volumetric entitlements are not in place in these areas.
- In the Warrill-Bremer Alluvial GMA, continued take of groundwater is authorised under the Moreton WRP (section 78) until licences can be issued. Volumetric entitlements are not in place in this area.
- In the Watercourse Buffer Zone GMA, continued take of groundwater is authorised under the Moreton WRP (section 83). There are no volumetric entitlements in this area.
This line item corresponds to line item '33.2 Groundwater access entitlement for direct extraction' reported in the 2011 Account.