November 2013 amendment
The Governor-General made this amendment on 21 November 2013. It takes effect (commences) on 28 February 2014
The 2013 amendment allows for the Regulations to specify the format in which water information must be given:
- water information must be given to the Bureau in a form approved by the Director of Meteorology
- an online Administrative Instrument sets out requirements for organisations to provide water information in specified formats eg Water Transfer Data Transfer Format (WDTF)
- lead water agencies (Category A) and providers of National Groundwater Information System (NGIS) and Aquifer Framework information (Category K) are the first groups affected from 28 February 2014
- over time, the Administrative Instrument will specify formats for additional Person Categories. A planned schedule for introducing format requirements for Person Categories and Water Information Categories/Subcategories is available. The Bureau will notify affected organisations in advance of changes or additions to the requirements set out in the Administrative Instrument.
Adding new format requirements will depend on the following:
- the Bureau's need to service products
- our capacity to ingest and publish the particular data
- our ability to provide support to affected data providers
The amendment also adds requirements for the provision of National Groundwater Information System (NGIS) information
New subcategories of water information added in Category 2 (ground water resource information) are:
- State aquifer framework information (subcategory 2d)
- State NGIS information (subcategory 2e)
A new Category of Persons (Category K) is required to give subcategories 2d and 2e to the Bureau.
This new Category of Persons will be added to the Persons and Classes of Persons document when the amendment takes effect on 28 February 2014. The organisations to be included in Category K [14Kb] are eight lead water agencies and one water utility.
Please email us your questions on the amendments and/or Regulations at firstname.lastname@example.org