November 2013 amendment
The 2013 amendment allows for the Regulations to specify the format in which water information must be given:
- water information must be given to the Bureau in a form approved by the Director of Meteorology
- an online Administrative Instrument sets out requirements for organisations to provide water information in specified formats eg Water Transfer Data Transfer Format (WDTF)
- lead water agencies (Category A) and providers of National Groundwater Information System (NGIS) and Aquifer Framework information (Category K) are the first groups affected from 28 February 2014
- over time, the Administrative Instrument will specify formats for additional Person Categories. A planned schedule for introducing format requirements for Person Categories and Water Information Categories/Subcategories is available. The Bureau will notify affected organisations in advance of changes or additions to the requirements set out in the Administrative Instrument. Read the Bureau's policy for issuing and maintaining the Administrative Instrument
The amendment also adds requirements for the provision of National Groundwater Information System (NGIS) information
New subcategories of water information added in Category 2 (ground water resource information) are:
- State aquifer framework information (subcategory 2d)
- State NGIS information (subcategory 2e)
A new Category of Persons (Category K) is required to give subcategories 2d and 2e to the Bureau.
There are nine Category K organisations, as listed in the Persons and Classes of Persons document. Organisations in this category comprise eight lead water agencies and one water utility.
Please email us your questions on the amendments and/or Regulations at email@example.com