Principles for maintaining the Water Regulations
The Bureau maintains and develops Part 7 of the Water Regulations in accordance with a set of overarching principles.
These principles govern the way we manage legislative requirements affecting stakeholder organisations. The Bureau is conscious that organisations incur costs in order to comply with the Water Regulations. We seek to minimise the impact of changes, and foster a cooperative approach that is transparent and treats data providers equally.
Related policy documents
From the principles we developed a set of policy documents. Policies set out rules and protocols specific to particular aspects of maintaining and developing the Water Regulations. Each of these policies will be published here, as they become available.
Read the policy for
- Amending Part 7 of the Water Regulations 2008
- Changing the Commercially Sensitive Sites incorporated document
- Changing the Metadata and Contextual Information Requirements incorporated document
- Changing the Persons and Classes of Persons incorporated document
- Issuing and maintaining the Administrative Instrument
- Versioning and release of the Water Data Transfer Format