Statistics of Heavy Rainfall
Specialised rainfall statistics based on a time series or frequency analysis are available from the Hydrometeorological Advisory Service (HAS).
Requests for these statistics should be forwarded to HAS on:
- ITUWM Average of the duration in each month for which rainfall intensities exceed 6 nominated values. Average and number of occurrences of worst month are also provided. This program follows the ITU-R (International Telecommunications Union - Radiocommunication) (formerly CCIR) definition of worst month.
- HIGHMN List of rainfall intensities (including date and time of occurrence) exceeding a nominated value for each of 12 durations ranging from 6 minutes to 72 hours.
- HRANMM Average frequency of clockhour rainfall intensities within 10 nominated ranges or exceeding 10 nominated values.
- INTDUR Average frequency and duration of rainfall intensities exceeding a nominated value. Averages are given for each month and hour of the day.
- PLUVIFD Frequency analysis for standard durations from 1 minute to 72 hours and Average Recurrence Intervals (ARI) from 3 months to 100 years. For ARIs of 1 year or more the analysis is similar to the Australian Rainfall and Runoff 1987 IFDs.
Daily Rainfall Statistics
- RADIFD Highest fall per year for 10 durations ranging from 4 to 30 days and a frequency analysis on these data similar to the Australian Rainfall and Runoff 1987 IFDs.
- RADNAL Average number of days per month for which daily rainfall totals fall within 10 nominated ranges or exceed 10 nominated values.
- RNDATE List of the n-highest, m-day falls and their date of occurrence for n,m between 1 and 10.
Standard charges apply.