Explanatory notes for metadata and contextual information requirements
The Bureau has developed supplementary material to help data providers understand the requirements in the detailed metadata and contextual information element lists. This material is available in the form of explanatory notes and diagrams.
The explanatory notes include:
- common elements for the category of data – must be given for each subcategory
- subcategory specific elements – must be given for specified subcategories in addition to the common elements
- overview of metadata element diagrams.
For each metadata element, the explanatory notes provide:
- a description of the metadata and contextual information element
- supplementary information about the element
- relevant examples.
See our metadata FAQ.
The following supplementary material is available for download:
|Data category||Subcategories covered||Download|
|1 – Surface water resource information||1a and 1b|
|2 – Ground water resource information||2a, 2b and 2c|
|3 – Water storage information||3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 3da, 3e and 3f|
|4 – Meteorological information||4a, 4b, 4c, 4d, 4e, 4f, 4g, 4h, 4i and 4j|
|6 – Information about water rights, allocations and trades||6a, 6b, 6c, 6d, 6e, 6f and 6g|
|9 – Water quality information||9a, 9b, 9c, 9d, 9e, 9f, 9g, 9ga and 9h|