Download the Generalised Short-Duration Method
Bureau of Meteorology (2003) The Estimation of Probable Maximum Precipitation in Australia: Generalised Short-Duration Method, Bureau of Meteorology, Melbourne, Australia, June 2003, (39pp).
Hydrometeorological Advisory Service,
Bureau of Meteorology,
GPO Box 1289K,
- Before downloading, please check for any changes or corrections to this guidbook.
- Download as a file.(879Kb)
- Download an uncompressed postscript file.(4.0Mb)
- [HINT:...How to print a postscript file....]
- To access PDF documents, you may download the Adobe Acrobat Reader (available for FREE).
- To access postscript documents, you may download the Ghost viewer (available for FREE).
Note that the Australian and World notable point rainfalls previously given in appendix 3 and 5 of Bulletin 53 may be found at Notable Point Rainfall Events
These versions of the GSDM figures are suitable for printing at A3 size.
Tips on printing a postscript file
Once downloaded, a postscript file can be printed by copying it to a postscript printer.
- (Alternatively) - load the file into a postscript compatible viewer and use the in-built print facility.
- (UNIX) - at the UNIX prompt enter e.g. lpr GSDM.ps
- (MS Windows) - at the DOS prompt enter e.g. copy GSDM.ps lpt1:
Refer to your system administrator if you experience difficulties with this procedure.